Chapter 8

- He didn't show up... - Whispered Alex as she looked over the door and didn't see anyone showing up. – During the entire summer, he decided not to show up today...

- Hey, don't think badly already. Maybe he is late or something happened... - Lexi said, trying to calm Alex down, even though she wasn't understanding what was happening either.

- Just forget it. – She said nodding, looking down and walking inside to go get some water for her, leaving Lexi alone back on the front of the Milkshake.

Alex's expectations were ruined and all she could think about was that she messed something up and he wasn't there because she got him scared. Loads of things were crossing her mind at that moment and she was trying to understand what was happening and why he wasn't there, but nothing was making sense in her head. She was completely out of the world and she got completely off from the work. She was sat down in a table, drinking her glass of water, in her world, when she heard the front door opening, making her heart start beating faster. That could be him. That could be Liam and with that thought she just got up from the chair and walked faster to the front part of the Milkshake and that was when her expression changed. The smile she had previously with the thought of having Liam coming inside changed to a pale and scared expression. She couldn't believe in what she was seeing. His tall and rough posture was scaring her and once she looked to his hands Alex could see the Whisky bottle empty, again.

- What are you doing here? – She asked coldly but feeling herself shaking a lot with what could happen with the way he was. Lexi, on the other hand, was still in the same place, not knowing what was happening and not knowing who that man was but knowing that Alex knew him.

- I came to see where you actually work!! – He said laughing as he looked around, nodding a lot with a sick face. – And let me tell you what a miserable place! It's here where you work? – He asked as he looked around and gazed at everything.

- Leave now, you are not welcomed here. – Alex said looking at him, demanding that to him. – You are not going to do a scene where I work.

- Me?? Doing a scene?? – Tom asked her laughing as he drank the rest he had on the bottle. – I just came here to say hi to my daughter. – He said sarcastically. – Besides, I gave you a warning yesterday and yet...you had the balls to show up when I told you I didn't want to see you in that house again.

- Where did you want me to sleep?? In the streets? – She asked quickly as she looked at him with a serious face. – Get your shit together. You don't even know what you are saying and you didn't even face me yesterday so I don't understand what your problem is.

- Yeah!! It's where you belong! – He said making it sound obvious. – And my problem is you as it is pretty clear!

- Sir, I am going to ask you politely to leave this place right now. – Said Lexi now, not being able to keep on hearing what he was saying to Alex.

- I am sorry, and who are you?? – Asked Tom confused as he looked at Lexi with a confused face. – Did I give you an order to talk with me?

- Excuse me? – Asked Lexi, offended. – I am Alex's friend and I really don't need your authorization to ask you to leave this place.

- You are such a pussy that you need a friend to defend yourself? – Asked Tom, now looking at Alex and talking with her, as he walked inside the counter to see if they had anything to drink.

- Stop, you are not going to drink more. – She said walking towards him and not letting him pass to go get any drink.

- And since when do you give me orders? – He asked with his raspy voice, already without balance as he tried to see if they had something.