Chapter 9

Without even knowing and after going around the city she end up going to a really special place back in Brighton. After 2 hours she finally arrives at where she wanted, still having the sun shining, which made her stop for a moment for herself. It has been a while since she had visited Brighton, bringing her loads of memories. Her eyes were closed and she was taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. Her mind was going crazy and she knew that the only place that would calm her down in there was a really special one for her so she just started to walk to a park that was near the bus station, since she took a bus to go there. She didn't care about anything else. All she wanted was to go there and once she got there, she went to her spot and that was where she saw a place with some old flowers on the floor. Once Alex saw that she couldn't contain her tears and started to cry, letting them stream down her face. She got closer and she saw the tree where she and Sophie used to go every single day at the end of the afternoon. The tree had their initials on it and, under it, it had the last flowers Alex got there, which made her smile for a little even though the tears kept streaming down.

Alex never got the courage to go to the cemetery where she was. She knew if she went there it would be her end so she found that way to be closer to her. It was only hers and no one knew about that spot what made it become unique for Alex. It was there she did all the grieving when the accident happened and throughout the years she tried to go there as much as she could until she moved to London, making it harder for her to go and spent some quality time there. That was something that really hurt Alex at that moment because, somehow, going there it would make her be closer to Sophie and the moment she left Brighton it was like she was letting Sophie letting go which was something she didn't want at all. She wanted to keep her closer, showing her that Alex was not letting her go. However, it became hard but she was there at that moment, making her sit down in front of the tree, holding the old flowers in her hands as the tears kept streaming down her face. Alex would make the best out of that moment and after getting herself comfortable, she took a deep breath and looked at everything.

- Hey... - Started Alex, feeling her voice cracking. – You must hate me right now because these flowers are damn old! – She said giggling a little as she looked to the flowers but not seeing anything with blurry her vision was due to the tears. – But don't worry. I will come back here and I will give you the most beautiful ones!! Just like you used to like! – She said nodding a lot. – You probably hate me for the fact that it has been a time since I didn't show up here and I am sorry for that. Things haven't been easy you know?? There are loads of things happening and I hate the fact that I live far. I can't come here when I can and when I feel like coming you know? And it sucks! If I had my own car I would come here every single day just like I promised you I would do...yet, I am failing it already. – Whispered Alex as she kept on talking, cleaning her tears that were streaming down her face. – I have so much to tell you that I don't even know where to start... - She said taking a deep breath as she looked down, taking a moment for herself.

However, she was not alone anymore. After having Alex running away the way she did from the Milkshake, Liam end up following her, taking his own car to follow the bus, ending up in Brighton, just like her. After everything, he couldn't let her be alone and there were loads of questions that he needed to ask, even though he knew they were not going to be good. He was confused and only she could answer his questions and that was why he was there. He was watching her from behind but once he saw her sitting down, near the tree, Liam took the change to get closer, ready to go talk with her and warn Alex he was there, yet he started to ear her talking, making him step a little back but still being able to hear what she was saying. He knew that what he was doing was wrong but he didn't want to interrupt her and he knew that by staying there he would maybe understand some things. Even if everything still seemed really confusing in his head, some pieces were coming together and he was already assuming things that probably he would end up hearing in there. With that, he stood still in a corner, behind a tree, gazing and hearing her carefully, letting her take the moment she needed after everything that happened.