Chapter 12

As planned, on the next day, Alex got up quite early to go meet Lexi on the Milkshake, knowing it would be her there. Since she didn't want to face Tom, she tried to be as silent as possible, going downstairs after dressing some demin shorts and a white shirt. She put her hair in a messy bun and her Adidas sneakers and made her way to the kitchen, needing her coffee to wake up.

It was still early and she thought everyone in the house was sleeping. However, those thoughts changed once she heard the front door opening. Her heart started to beat faster, knowing exactly who it was. What she didn't know was that he didn't sleep at home. Obviously, he was drunk, as usual and Alex knew that by the way he was climbing the stairs, knowing he was dragging himself up. She kept herself quiet, until starting to hear things falling upstairs. She nod confused and made her way upstairs, finding her room door open. Tom was inside her room and once she got there, she saw him throwing her things down, including things that Alex had from Sophie.

- What the hell are you doing?? – Asked Alex quickly meeting him to stop Tom from what he was doing.

- I told you, you were going to pay for everything. – He said throwing everything to the ground, hearing some things breaking.

- Stop that shit! Leave me alone!! – She screamed, holding his arm strongly to see if she could make him stop what he was doing. – Get out of here!! Leave me alone!! You are destroying everything!!

- This is just the beginning honey and I will make sure you don't get to have anything of her. – He said, balancing a lot with how drunk he was.

- Get out!! Now!! I didn't do anything to you for you to be doing this! You are breaking important things!! – She screamed, looking to the floor and feeling pain in her heart with the things that were broken. – Out!!

After having Tom leaving her room, Alex was fast to lock it and look to the damage Tom caused to her things. The tears were streaming down her face as she saw loads of things broken and with no way of repair. While picking up the things, she couldn't stop crying, trying to fix them but with no success. However, she couldn't repair the broken things, she got everything in a box, saving everything she could. That was like ripping a part of Alex but she couldn't let Tom see how much that affected her so before leaving the house, she locked the room and kept the key with her, trying to make sure Tom wouldn't never get inside her rom without her permission. She knew it wasn't totally safe but at least it was something and for him to get inside he would need to break the door, which was something Alex wasn't seeing him doing.

As planned, she made her way to the Milkshake, needing to talk with Lexi about what happened on the previously day. Once Lexi saw Alex getting inside, she smiled, what made Alex smile back and walk towards the counter, letting Lexi finish her job, hoping she would meet her.

- Hey. – Lexi said after meeting Alex, seeing everything good in the Milkshake.

- Hey. – Smiled Alex as she looked at her, feeling a little nervous after what happened in the previous day.

- How are you? – Lexi asked a little concerned but not wanting to push too much from her.

- I am okay now. – Alex smiled. – And that is why I am here today. I wanted to say that I am sorry for leaving like that yesterday and for not saying anything to you anymore. – She said, touching her hands nervously as she looked at Lexi.

- You don't have to be sorry Alex. I just got worried after what happened yesterday, but you really don't need to be sorry. – Said Lexi, smiling, meaning her words.