Chapter 4

The next day

Korra POV

I was walking to school when I saw Asami sat under an oak tree. I saw tears running down her cheek and her eyes were really red. I felt bad for her but I don't know why. Usually when I see someone crying I laugh. But not this time. I wanted to talk to her but I didn't want to disturb her. I saw Mako, Bolin, and Opal walk up to her but she shooed them away and they walked towards me. "Is Asami ok?" I asked Mako. "No..." all three of them said in unison. "What happened?" I asked very concerned. "Her... dad died." Bolin said looking down at the floor. I stared at him with my eyes wide open and my mouth hanging down from my face. "What?!" I yelled. "There's nothing we can do about it except comfort her. Maybe if you can talk to her properly you could make her smile." Mako suggested. I looked at him and then said, "Let's just get to class...". "Wait! We can't leave her there alone!" Opal said running back to Asami. She pulled Asami up from sitting under the tree and dragged her to us. Never thought the thespians would join me and Makos little friend group of Mako and I. As we walked to our class Asami just looked at the floor with a bad posture. Once we got into our Drama class everyone stared at us. Asami went straight to her seat covering her face with her hands. I heard her crying quietly as I went past her to sit down at my seat. I stared at her until Mrs. Pema barged into the class trying to catch her breath. My attention immediately went to her. "Sorry guys... I'm late..." Mrs. Pema said to us. She went to the front of our class and pulled out a chair and sat on it. "Soo... I am here to announce who gets what role for the play. Of course it won't be all of them because we only got through... half of the characters but those auditions will be held tomorrow!" Mrs. Pema said to the class. "Ok soo..." Mrs. Pema said pulled out her phone scrolling through it. I guessed she was trying to find her notes for the play. "Asam will be playing Juliet," I saw Asami put a slight smile on her face for a second but the a frown reappeared on her lips. "Bolin will be playing Lord Capulet, Zuko will be playing Tybalt, Sokka will be playing Sampson, Aiguo will be playing Gregory, Kuvira will be playing the nurse, Dewei will be playing Peter, and Cheng will be playing Mercutio. Sorry to all the people who didn't get the parts they wanted but you can still get the chance to be another character or you will just be a background character". Some of the kids sighed. I looked at Asamis seat and saw she wasn't there. I guessed she went to the bathroom so I asked Mrs. Pema if I could go to the bathroom and she said yes. I got out of my chair and ran out into the hall and into the bathroom, but I was stopped by a teacher, Tenzin. Tenzin is very strict but if you get on his good side, he can be fun to be around with from what I heard. "Ma'am where are you going?" he asked with an eyebrow raised. "To the bathroom... sir." I said hesitantly. "Who sent you?" he asked. "Mrs. Pema... from Drama class". He nodded and walked away but looked back at me. I went to the bathroom and saw Asami crying in a corner. I went up to her feeling nervous but then words slipped out of my mouth and I said, "Hey... are you ok?". She replied back saying, "Yea... I'll be fine..." as she stood up and walked out the bathroom. I sighed and followed her back to Drama class.

When we walked in everyone in the class looked at us. I looked at them with the 'what-do-you-want' look. I walked back to my seat and Mako whispered in my ear, "They think you and Asami are dating and made out in the bathroom". "What?!" I replied back. "I know crazy! Why would Asami date you?" "Ok... yesterday you were telling me I should date her, now your telling me that we're not meant to be! Which one is it?!". Mako chuckled and looked back at Mrs. Pema as she said, "Ok, today is going to be more of a 'free day'. I know we're all kind of tired from the auditions yesterday so some of you guys can just work on memorizing your lines. Stage-Hands I need you all to come up here on the stage". Me and the rest of the stage-hands walked over to Pema. "So... what did you call us here for?" I asked. "Some of the actors might need help practicing their lines. One of you guys can help them if they want it. The rest of you guys keep working on the props and costumes. The more we can get done today the more prepared and more organized our play will look on the showing." Mrs. Pema looked at me with a smirk on her face. I guess she thinks me and Asami are dating too... maybe I should work on the props. "Korra, why don't you help Asami ok?" Mrs. Pema said moving her hand to make me go to Asami. My mind keeps so to hate this girl, but my heart keeps saying I should like her. WHICH ONE IS IT BODY?! I walked over to Asami and said, "Hey... I'm supposed to help you with your... lines". She replied back saying, "Look... I don't need any help... I can handle myself". "Mrs. Pema told me to umm... help you..." I said looking at the ground nervously. "Ok... I guess it wouldn't hurt for you to... stand there". I nodded and sat next to her as she practiced reading out her lines to no one on particular. I paused her in the middle of her sentence saying, "Your talking to no one! Maybe... I could say some lines?". She chuckled and said, "Ok". Me and her laughed as we practiced her lines and me messing up on purpose and saying she said her line wrong. "Can heaven be so envious?" Asami said. "No no! Your supposed to say 'No one shall take my sadness away!'" "Nice try but I know my lines." Asami said with a chuckled which showed of her dimples. Now she looks 100 times prettier and cuter. "No your supposed to say 'Can heaven be so envious' not 'Nice try but I know my lines' " I said with a smirk. She looked at me laughing and I laughed with her. She calmed down and I realized we were hanging out for the entire day. She looks cuter when she's happy. I stared at her lips quietly. She noticed that and stared at my lips, but then broke the silent-ness saying, "Thanks for that..." with a smile on her face. I can't believe I actually made her happy! I smiled back at her and said, "No problem! You wanna crash at my place tonight?". She nodded her head and grabbed her backpack and went out the doors. I sighed happily as Mako went up to me and said, "So, is she your girlfriend now?". "No! But I did invite her to my house..." "Oooo! What you guys gonna do? Sleep in the same bed? Make weird-" "Shut up! I felt bad for her... I'm just trying to make her happy..." I yelled at Mako, though I wish we were close enough to that. No Korra! At least let her sleep in my bed to feel her body against mine. Ugh! I don't have time for this love stuff! Mako laughed at that not stopping. Once he had calmed down I bit a tear fell down from his cheek from all that laughing.

Time skip to when Asami is at Korras house

I starred out the window leading out to our front porch and I see Asami walking up to my front door carrying a bag. I guessed it was her clothes. I hear my mom chuckle in the background saying, "Is that the Asami girl you like?" "Shh... she's coming! And I don't like her! It's just a nice gesture!". I saw Asami ring the doorbell so I went up to the door and let Asami in. "H-Hey!" I said a bit hesitantly to Asami. Asami smiled a bit and said, "Hi!". I'm glad she's happier than this morning. I smiled and saw her mom trying to hold in her laugh at the dinner table. I stared at Asami and then to my mom. I then said, "I- Umm... your r-room is over h-here". Asami nodded as I showed her to her room and she put her stuff down.

I then gave a tour of her house. "This is my room... here's the bathroom and stuff..." I said to Asami. She just nodded. A small smile appeared on my face at a thought. I then said, "Ok well we could watch a movie in our movie room if you want..." "Sure, I'll be there in 5" she said as she walked over to the bathroom. I nodded and walked over to our movie room.

As I walked my mom had a huge grin on her face. "What?!" I asked her. She laughed and said, "Just ask her out!". I said "Shush!" to her as I walked to the movie room. I picked out a movie "My Spy". More than five minutes passed so I was beginning to get worried.

I walked back to the bathroom and I heard Asami wash her hands I supposed. She walked out the bathroom and looked at me. She looked sad but then put a smile on her face once she saw me. I saw her face was damp. "Oh um... hi I came to check on you..." I said. "It's ok..." she replied back as we walked to the movie room.

I played the movie and watched Asami as she looked interested in it. About half-way through the movie my mom yelled, "Dinner is on the table if you want some!". "Ok!" I replied back to her then asked Asami if she wanted to eat dinner. She nodded her head and we went to the dinner table.

I went to the cabinets to grab plates for us and handed her one. "Ooo! Lasagna!" Asami said happily. "My mom makes the best lasagna!" I replied back. We both grabbed our share of lasagna and I gave her some water. I also got water.

We went back to the movie room and ate our food while we watched the movie. Another half hour passed and the movie was done. I looked over at Asami and she was asleep. Damn she's cute... Shush brain. I don't like Asami! Now my mind and heart likes this girl I thought. I stared at her for about 3 minutes wanting to kiss her. I went up to her face and placed my lips on her forehead without thinking. WHY DID I DO THAT?!!!!???? Good thing she didn't wake up though. I woke her up by shaking her arm. "Asami, wake up." I said. "Huh?" she asked, "Oh sorry...". "It's ok. Do you want to sleep here or in your room?" "Which room is closer to the bathroom?" "Umm... yours..." "Ok I'll sleep there." she said as she nodded and wiped her forehead. I guess my lips were went when I kissed her. She then went to her room and picked up her bag and headed to the bathroom. Once she came out she was wearing pajamas. How does this woman manage to look hot it every way possible?! Korra just stop thinking about her for 2 seconds! I stared at her as I went into the bathroom to change. I got out and checked her room to see if she was there. She was and she was sleeping peacefully. I went to my room and slept.