Chapter Three- All Alone

Nya, Lloyd and Zane all entered the ravine, searching around and behind rocks for the spider. Suddenly, they heard the sputters of a ship and footsteps.

"It is a trap." Zane gasped, pulling Lloyd and Nya behind a rock with him. They saw Doubloon, Dogshank and Jay enter the cave and draw their weapons, Jay with his cutlasses and Doubloon his katana. Dogshank didn't need any weapons, for she had her fists.

"Come out Ninja!" Jay called out. Nya struggled to keep herself from crying as her ex-friend taunted them, but managed to keep it in. Zane sneaked up behind Doubloon and knocked him out, before quickly ducking behind another rock.

Lloyd looking above him and saw some fangs dripping with venom. Obviously he screamed, alerting the two pirates to his location. But the Tiger Widow Spider attacked them as well. Nya leaped on top of it and took the lid off of her canteen and attempted to take a sample of the venom, but was knocked off by Dogshank. Whilst Nya was standing off against Dogshank, Jay tackled Lloyd to the ground and tried to stab him but Lloyd dodged and blasted him away with energy. Jay grunted and screamed, tackling Lloyd for the second time.

"I'll kill you!" he shrieked, cutting and slashing at his enemy.

"Jay! I'm not your enemy!" Lloyd pleaded, blocking all of Jay's attacks.

"Yes you are! You stand in Nadkahan's way!" he yelled, tripping up the Green Ninja and attempting to stab him, but Lloyd dodged at the last second.

"He's manipulating you!" Lloyd shouted back, taking a swing at Jay before swiftly changing from a slash to a stab manoeuvre.

"I'm done with this," Jay muttered, doing Spinjitzu and knocking Lloyd away. Suddenly Nadakhan appeared and grabbed Lloyd, taking Lloyd somewhere where they were alone.

"Lloyd!" Nya yelled, noticing he was gone. Jay stared at his crush for a few seconds, before snapping out of his trance and running over to kick Zane in the face. Zane caught the kick however, and threw Jay at a wall. The Spider had been regularly attacking one of either parties, sometimes a Ninja and sometimes a Pirate. Eventually, Nya got far enough away from Dogdhank to grab a sample of venom from it and sprinting away, grabbing Zane's hand tightly as she did.

"Airjitzu?" Zane smiled before leaping in the air and producing a whirlwind that floated him in the air.

"I don't know Airjitzu!" Nya exclaimed nervously, looking back towards the cave where a now awake Doubloon and Dogshank were chasing her.

"If you want something bad enough, you find a way to make it happen!" Zane called, reminding the Water Ninja of some wisdom imparted by their Master. Soon enough, she found herself creating a dark blue whirlwind around herself and sprinting through the forest beside Zane.

Back at the ravine, Jay pushed the two others beside and Airjitzued up to the ledge and followed them using his lightning to propel himself forwards faster. Seeing he was doing this, Nya and Zane did the same with their elements. But Jay was too close to them and tackled Zane to the floor. Luckily the Ice from Zane propeller froze Jay's left arm, immobilising it. This didn't stop Jay, as he smacked a katana away from Zane with his free hand, disarming him. He kicked Zane in the face and pulled a pair of tough vengestone handcuffs from his belt, putting them around the Ice Ninja's wrists and whistling for Flintlocke to bring the ship closer. He did, and Jay was able to push Zane into the ship with him, leaving Nya by herself.

---

Nadakhan appeared next to Lloyd on a beach, holding him by the neck.

"I know what you're doing Nadakhan!" Lloyd bellowed. "I won't wish for anything!"

"You don't need to," the djinn smirked, attempting a slash at Lloyd. Lloyd dodged it, however, and kept as much distance from Nadakhan as possible. "I think you wanted Jay to fall for my flattery. You want him off the team."

"This won't work," Lloyd scowled.

"I know," Nadakhan sighed, before sending a quick surprise slash at the Energy Ninja, trapping him in the sword.

The djinn teleported back to the ship, seeing Jay holding Zane hostage.

"No!" Zane yelled. You have Lloyd, don't you?"

"Yes, and now I shall have you!" Nadakhan said, hitting Zane with sword and sucking him in. "Two in one day! Your plan did work Jay!"

"Only Nya is left." Jay sighed uncomfortably. "I don't want to face her Captain."

"That is why I am sending you in alone," Nadakhan ordered. "You must get over your feelings towards her."

"I know," Jay replied weakly. "I probably need to sleep."

"Or..." Nadkahan's smiled.

"What?" Jay asked, a shiver going down his spine.

"Scrap 'n' Tap! Only the winner taps out, Jay." Nadkahan explained. Jay saw, out of the corner of his eye, Flintlocke gasp and look away. He was clearly disturbed by something.

Later that night, Jay got up for the toilet when he saw Flintlocke sneaking around. He followed him, worried he was trying to steal something. He was. He saw Flintlocke enter Nadakhan's quarters, and not come out. Jay looked through a window and saw Flintlocke trying to steal the Sword of Souls. He kicked the door downonly to find no-one there. Suddenly, the light turned on and Nadakhan and the rest of the crew were stood there.

"You fell for it First Mate." Nadakhan laughed. "Seeing as we're all up... who wants more Scrap 'n' Tap?!"

It was the first round of Scrap 'n' Tap when it happened. He was fighting Doubloon when Jay screwed up a move and slipped, receiving a painful stab in his left eye. He couldn't see out of it, so now he actually needed to eyepatch.

---

Nya fell to her knees as she reached the bed. She didn't know whether it as because of the devastation of her being alone or that she was tired, but she almost fell asleep.

"This is your fault Nya." she murmmered to herself. "You should've told him the truth. Oh, I know why, it was because you were scared. It should've been me." Just then, she saw something in the distance. It looked like a bright light, and as it got closer she saw it was a helicopter, which held the Commisioner, Dareth and Ronin.

"We're here to pick you up!" Ronin yelled, reaching his hand out. Nya used her Airjitzu to fly up there, and Dareth held up a message in a bottle.

"We think it's code," he informed her.

"Let's go back to Ninjago," the Commissioner sighed, turning to the pilot.

Later when they reached Ninjago, Nya spilled everything about Tiger Widow Island, like Lloyd and Zane's captures. She also showed them the venom she had, and they were ecstatic. They finally had a fighting chance against the Sky Pirate. They'd finally come up with a plan, and before hey set off Nya decided to check her phone. She saw tons of voice messages from Jay, but from just after he was let into Misfortune's Keep.

"Nya, if you're listening from this something has happened to me. I promised myslef that I'd keep this a secret and only Zane knows it because I can trust him. In the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master, we saw reflections of what we's look like in our future. I end up with you. I know how you're totally not interested but I'm telling you because I'm gone. I love you Nya."

Nya wanted to respond with a voicemail of her own. So she did. She poured her heart out to him before she had to face him once again at Misfortune's Keep.