Chapter Six- The Eyepatch

Libber shot bolt upright in a panic, wiping sweat from her brow. She turned to the side and saw the damp walls of her cell. She looked towards the door and saw a new issue of The Ninjago Times on the floor and picked it up, skimming through it an seeing nothing of interest, apart from one thing. On he front page were six images of six teens, all in a prison uniform. Two were black haired, one of which a ghost, with wavy black hair and thick eyebrows. The other was a young woman with raven black hair and chocolate brown eyes. There was also a blonde kid with slightly long hair and a pair of hazel eyes, nervously looking at the camera. Her hand grazed an image of a ginger haired boy. Her son.

"Jay," she whispered to herself. She then heard a serious of footsteps coming down the stone steps coming from outside. "Hello?"

"Hey," a voice said. They leaned forward to reveal it was Jay, his eyepatch glistening in the faint light.

"Jay baby," Libber sighed, cupping Jay's cheeks in her hands.

"Get off me Mom," Jay scoffed.

"Jay?" Libber said, removing her hands from her son.

"I have no idea how you're alive or how Nadakhan found you but...I'm adopted?" he explained.

"Yes." Libber replied. "Cliff must've given you to Ed and Edna after I 'died'."

"You faked your death?" Jay said, stunned.

"You wouldn't understand. You're too young." Libber responded, avoiding the topic.

"Try me." Jay scowled. Libber sighed and rubbed her temple.

"Your father and I were going through a rough patch. He was trying to keep the acting job steady, but it was hard. He was so obsessed with the act he lost sight of the more important things...like out son. I couldn't bring myself to just walk out on him so I faked my death, with help from the Master of Ice." she explained.

"Mom..." Jay was speechless.

"Now you're with this genie and...please Jay. For me." Jay stared at his long lost mother with a deadpan look on his face.

And he stabbed her in the abdomen.

---

Nya turned over in her sleep violently, shaking. She kept having dreams about Jay, and her experience with the terrifying thing he'd become whilst working for Nadakhan. The eyepatch, the scarred arms, even the slash across his eye which the eyepatch covered the damage of. She thought, seeing as she was awake, she'd head downstairs. She found all three of the others sat on the sofa. She glanced at the clock and saw the time. It was two in the afternoon.

"And you didn't wake me up?!" she yelled.

"We didn't want to disturb your sleep. You looked like you could get some." Cliff cleared his throat, grabbing his jacket.

"W-w-w-wait, doesn't N-N-Nya need breakfast?" Clancee stammered.

"I'm fine Clancee," Nya reassured. "Let's go."

---

Flintlocke stumbled out of the Sky Shark and hid behind a barrel, drawing his pistols. He rolled over and tripped choked out a guard, making sure he was knocked out. He choked out another afterwards, slowly making his way to the Captain's Cabin. He entered and sneaked over to what he thought was the Sword of Souls, only to be caught off guard and hit with the real one.

"You shouldn't have betrayed me Flintlocke." Nadakahn laughed. He heard a short gasp behind him. "Clancee? I know you're in here." He heard a deep gulp.

"Y-y-y-you won't win!" Clancee stood up to his old captain. "I-I-I-I don't care if you suck me into th-th-th-that Sword, you will lose!" And with that, Nadakhan angrily swished the Sword down and Clancee's life force was powering him.

Meanwhile, Jay was sat in his quarters with his top off. He was examining the scars he'd gathered throughout the time he was aboard The Misfortune's Keep. Scars from Scrap 'n' Tap and scars from battles. He killed his mother. Nadkahan's said the only thing in his way now we're his feelings for Nya as his father wasn't a big enough obstacle that could be thrown away quickly. He suddenly heard a creek from behind him, and he whipped around.

"Nya." he scowled.

"Jay, let me talk to you." Nya pleaded.

"Fine." Jay responded. "Let me get my-" Jay was cut off by Nya smashing her lips against his, kissing him passionately. And Jay was kissing her back. She eventually broke the kiss and she chuckled sighted.

"I love you Jay. I've loved you since...since the first day I met you." she choked out amongst sobs.

"I..." Jay was feeling a whole spectrum of emotions. Hatred, love, confusion, anger. "I love you too Nya."

"Take that silly thing off," Nya smiled, ripping the eyepatch off of Jay's face, only to find his eye actually had been scratched out. "Oh my God."

"I know, I'm..." Jay stared at the floor. "No!" he screamed, throwing Nya to the wall. "I will not let you manipulate me!"

"Nadakhan is the one manipulating you! Don't you see?" Nya whimpered.

"The only thing I see is a manipulative bitch!" Jay shrieked, tackling Nya onto the main deck where Cliff Gordon was supposed to be stood.

"C-Cliff?" Nya stammered. "No."

"Yes." a voice said. It was, of course, Nadakhan. "Gordon didn't give me much power, but some nonetheless."

"You won't win this!" Nya bellowed, flailing at Nadakhan.

"Yes we will." Jay sneered, grabbing Nya by the scruff of her gi and holding her over the edge, where she looked down to see nothing but a dark blue sky and black clouds.

"Finish it Jay." Nadakhan prompted. "Finish it and we can rule Ninjago!"

Jay dropped his ex-crush off the edge.

Nya didn't float gracefully, nor did she fall like a rock. She held her arms out behind her and concentrated. She was basically surrounded by water, her element.

"Focus Nya," she growled to herself. She closed her eyes and thought only about water, and the gracefulness of it when mixed with the ability to bend it to your will. And with that thought, a humongous dragon erupted out of her like a volcano. Nya had unlocked her elemental dragon.

Nya was no fool, she knew that if she were to return she'd be shot down and captured. She needed the, to believe she was deceased.

---

"Captain?" Jay asked.

"Yes my first mate?" Nadakhan smirked.

"Why did you want me to throw her off? Don't you need her to achieve infinite wishes?" he wondered, confused.

"It is only of djinn soil, my boy. Any woman will do. Obviously, Dilara is preferred, but my first mate's wellbeing comes before my own." Nadakhan explained manipulatively.

"Yes, Captain." Jay smiled. "For Djinnjago!"

"For Djinnjago!" the crew repeated.