Chapter Seven- Parties and Plans

Jay stumbled back to his room and collapsed on the bed, slightly tipsy from alcohol, more specifically rum.

The same night he 'killed' Nya there was an enormous party to celebrate the development. Djinnjago was almost finished and there was a volunteer from the crew to marry him, Cyren.

"Ugh," he groaned, rolling over in bed. Thundering footsteps approached his door, indicating a certain someone wanted to see him. "What do you want Dogshank?"

"Captain wants you in his cabin," she said.

"Coming," Jay grunted rolling onto the floor. "Ow. Coming!"

Jay heaved himself up and stumbled out of the door, tripping over his own feet as he made his way to the Captain's Cabin.

"What's up Captain?" Jay said, slurring his words. Nadakhan sighed and stared at the table, rubbing his temple.

"I feel as if you...have been further away from the crew lately." Nadakhan began. "Excluding last night, you have been spending more and more time alone in your room."

"You want me to bond with the crew? I never pegged you for the sentimental type." Jay responded, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

"Not sentimental. Smart. If you do not have bonds with the crew, they will suspect you of something. I will get a mutiny if I do not cast you out. So go! Spend time with the crew." Nadakhan explained. Jay nodded at the Captain, ting out of his chair and walking over to the door. He turned back and eyed the Sword of Souls, considering it. Nya's words still played over in his mind.

Jay shook the feeling off and exited the room, turning around and walking down to kitchen type area. He grabbed a few bottles of rum and made his way down to the bottom deck, where Scrap 'n' Tap was usually played.

"Hello boys!" Jay yelled, holding up the bottles. He received several cheers from the crowd, and all of them running up to him trying to get them. "Ah, ah, ah! One at a time!" He handed one to Doubloon and then to Squiffy, with Bicko third. He threw one over to Cyren and she downed it within five seconds. He took a seat and took a swig from his rum.

---

Nya woke up a light room on an enormous bed, contrasting to where she woke up on numerous other nights. She was at Cliff Gordon's mansion, sleeping on a different bed to the one she slept in before. She turned on the lamp and checked her phone; three forty-two in the morning. She groaned and got out of bed, grabbing a lantern from the cupboard so she didn't need to turn on the lights to put her eyes in pain.

She went downstairs and wandered over to the kitchen, grabbing herself a drink of water. She downed it and decided to fetch some drink from the fridge. Thinking she knew where it was, she set the lantern down and reached her hand out. Instead of grabbing the solid handle, she grabbed something quite the opposite. In a panic, Nya grabbed the lantern and shone it in the direction of her hand.

"Interested in something?" Skylor smirked.

"Agh!" Nya screamed, tumbling to the floor.

"Are you alright, my lady?" a familiar voice said from behind Nya. Soto was stood behind her, reaching his hook hand to help her up.

"I'm fine." Nya scoffed. She heard munching to her left, and all three of them turned their head. It was Dareth eating a bunch of cookies.

"Dareth, I told you to stay back!" Skylor exclaimed.

"I'm sorry," Dareth said, his voice muffled from the cookies in his mouth. "But the Brown Ninja cannot rest!"

"Fine!" Skylor shouted, her arms flailing in the air. "You can stay with us!"

"Oh thank you so much!" Dareth yelled.

"Do you even have a plan?" Nya asked irritably.

"Yes!" Skylor cried.

"We need to get onto one of Nadkahan's floating islands." Soto said. "The next one going up, we go with it!"

"That is so stupid," Nya muttered, pushing past Skylor to the fridge.

"It might be stupid, but it's the only chance we have!" Skylor shouted at Nya.

"It won't work. Nadakhan is unstoppable with Jay on his side." Nya said bluntly.

"What? No, Jay won't be in our way." Skylor told her.

"How do you know that?" Nya exclaimed, turning to face Skylor. "There is no way Jay is coming back to us. He's gone."

"No-one is ever truly gone! I realised I was wrong when I sided with my dad!" Skylor clapped back.

"Jay is not you! Nadakahn has...has seduced him enough that he'll never snap out of it! I originally thought he turned because he loved me and I didn't love him, but when I came into his room and I confessed to him he...he attacked me! Jay only cares about power now! He has the power when he's with Nsdakhan so he won't leave! I'll bet you all my money he'll manage to get Nadakhan back in the teapot when Djinnjago is finished!" Nya screamed.

"Jay is working for Nadakhan because he thinks no-one appreciated him when he was working with you guys." Skylor murmmered.

"How do you know that?" Nya spat.

"Because I knew Flintlocke was a traitor to Nadakhan and he was already feeding me information." Skylor said.

"It...doesn't matter." Nya responded quietly. "I'm not doing this anymore."

"Whatever happened to Ninja Never Quit?" Skylor scowled.

"I'm not a ninja!" Nya shrieked. "According to them, I'm just a small little girl who needs her ninja friends to look after her!"

"Not to your friends." Skylor said.

"Then what am I to them?" Nya replied, holding back tears.

"You're a strong woman who doesn't need to have those others define you. The public opinion doesn't matter. What matters is your teammate's opinion of you and how you are." Skylor told her. "And above all, you are a Ninja. And Ninja Never Quit."

"I...thank you Skylor." Nya pulled her friend into a hug. "You're right. Jay needs saving."

---

Ed and Edna sat down with hot cups of tea.

"Aw, you really did well with this-" Ed was cut off by a ring at the doorbell. Ed got up from his seat and opened the door. "Hello Kai. What brings you here?"

"I wanted to...talk." Kai sighed, entering the caravan.

"Oh what about dearie?" Edna perked up.

"Jay." Kai said bluntly, taking a seat that wasn't already taken by Ed or Edna.

"What's wrong with Jay?" Ed asked, panicked.

"On the contrary, Mr Walker, something is wrong with me." Kai rubbed his temple, struggling to think straight.

"Oh?" Edna said, almost like question.

"Skylor and I had an argument a few months back and since the I've been...thinking in certain ways about him. Wrong ways about him." Kai explained.

"Ah, there is nothing wrong with being attracted to another man, my boy." Ed said sternly.

"Do you think so?" Kai questioned.

"Of course we do." Edna reassured.

"Th-thanks." Kai stammered weakly. "I just...he clearly has a crush on my sister, and I think she likes him back. I don't want to ruin their relationship with some idiot who doesn't know which way he swings!" Kai broke down into tears, holding his face in his hands.

"It's okay Kai." Ed smiled warmly. "I think you should tell him, even if your sister likes him or he doesn't like you back."

"Thanks Mr and Mrs Walker." Kai nodded appreciatively.

"Care for some tea?" Edna offered. Kai thought for a minute.

"Go on then," he said he'd, rolling his eyes.