Chapter 4 : Kazuma's Master

"Why are we looking for a master for Kazuma, Darkness? Isn't our party good enough? I'm an arch priest that heals and resurrects, Megumin deals the final blow and Darkness is the tank of our party."

I couldn't care less about Aqua complaining. I had no time to yell at her since I was looking for someone to teach me close-combat.

"Aqua is somewhat right. Besides, why do you need to learn close-combat fighting from someone else. I do know how to box like a champ!"

Darkness shifted herself to a boxing stance.

"That stance looks extremely intimidating, Darkness. Where did you learn boxing from?"

"I self taught myself."

And that's why I didn't want to learn from Darkness.

"That's exactly why I refuse to learn from you. You may land your hits with your fists but you're terrible when it comes to weapons. I don't want to become a sword master because I think it's too cheesy. My new partner, Silver Bulleto, I already mastered it since I can use Snipe with the bullets."

I could hear Darkness become embarrassed and use Aqua as a strangling dummy.

We were looking at the bulletin board that recruits any students that want to learn from the masters. There was 1 for sword master, crusader, arch priest and somehow an Axis Cult paper.

"Who put this Axis Cult paper here?"

As soon as I said that, I could hear Aqua trying to whistle.

I crumbled it and threw it at her face.

"Ah! You threw it at me! How dare you throw this beautiful holy paper at your goddess, Aqua-sama!"

"You purposely put that paper there to recruit more Axis Cult members, didn't you?"

She gave up and went to go to Megumin who was eating breakfast at the dining table.

Then it was Darkness's turn to bother me.

"Isn't there a class you would want to be? You should be a crusader like me!"

"If I become a crusader, your use for this party will be over. Actually, maybe I should become a crusader so I can kick you out of my party."

Darkness saw me grab a paper that involved a crusader teaching others how to be one.

"No wait! I was joking! Don't become a crusader! That's the only thing I'm useful at!"

She begged me to put the paper back. She was so gullible and upset, she accidentally pushed me to the bulletin board.

"Control your strength. I know you have muscles in your body but you should be as mature as Megumin to not do reckless things like that."

All she did was pout and look away from me.

"I'm pretty sure she would've blown this building if she found out you were going to learn explosions to replace her."

Hmm..? Maybe she was right..

Then I noticed when she pushed me to the bulletin board, something fell onto the ground.

It was another piece of paper that didn't look like a Axis Cult recruitment paper at least.

Learn close-combat fighting styles

Free

"I found it!"

"Hm? Did you find someone that you are willing to learn from?"