Chapter 14 : Finale Battle

"I died again.... 2 times in less than 10 minutes.."

I recalled Eris's words that I couldn't be resurrected anymore.

I broke my promise to Lalatina..

"Satou Kazuma, you have displayed such bravery and courage.."

Of course.. those comforting words to make me feel better about my death.

"You know the usual question."

"Right now, Darkness is fighting the President. Darkzuma is still alive but heavily injured. He is retrieving your head right now. But...."

"I know. I know. I can't be resurrected by Aqua anymore."

Eris looks at me with an awkward smile.

"You sacrificed your life to save my friend, Darkness."

"Wouldn't be the first time. And it's not even that special. It's like very normal nowadays.."

"No... this isn't any other sacrifices you made. You would rather save Darkness's life than risk the fate of your world. That takes some faith in the others."

I just hope once I get reincarnated, I get to meet someone that isn't crazy.

"You will be reincarnated as a god."

"Okay thanks-... Wait what?!"

I shout.

Eris simply nods.

"That's right. Very few people get to become a god or goddess like me and Aqua."

"Please inform me how Aqua became a goddess then."

"She only informed me a little but she said she was from before the fall of Rome."

Holy shit! I gotta ask her what it was like to live in that condition.

"So.. why do you want me to become a god? Just to send people to other worlds?"

"Mhm. But there are a lot of souls in line. You will be the 135th in line to become a god or goddess."

Wait, I can turn into a girl? That will be more interesting than becoming a god...

"So how does that work-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Eris's hands touched my forehead and everything went blank.

[ Present ]

"Did I become a goddess or god?!"

I checked my pants.

Still a boy. Nice.

SLAP!!

"Ow! Who did that?! I am a man who yearns for true gender equality! I will not have second thoughts of hitting a woman back!"

I was interrupted by someone hugging me, someone familiar...

"Darkness?"

The long blonde hair that was changed to a pony tail, the white adamantine armor and her huge chest.

"You broke my goddamn promise again!"