Chapter 9 : Memories of The Past

"You're.. Aigis?!"

I couldn't believe this guy managed to become a leader of a royal army! At first I thought he was gonna die the first day he was out in the wild.

Aigis is a divine relic, he is not a human being. All he is made of is armor, sturdy impenetrable armor.

Aigis turns around, even though he can show no facial expressions, I can tell he was excited.

"It's been a while, Kazuma! I see you have been developing your relationship with that crusader girl! I'm all for it!"

He should really be worrying about Darkzuma..

Double Shock!

"Mmm..."

Was Darkzuma growling at me or something? He's glaring me as if I killed his best comrade.

"Kazuma, after dealing with Aigis, your life will be next to claim. I cannot let a person like you live."

I'm flattered to be praised. No wait! I'm being praised by myself!

"Oi Kazuma, look over here! I, Aigis, will be your final opponent!"

Darkzuma looks at Aigis.

"Not even a divine relic can defeat me!"

"You think so?"

Aigis miraculously bends his left arm the other way around to grab Darkzuma's right hand.

"Eek! Disgusting! Aigis, is this what you're truly capable of?"

"Yeah! After I left Axel, I stumbled upon a kingdom with a cute princess! Though she was too young and too small for me to defend. But their trust grew on me and now I'm a noble divine relic!"

Aigis tears some of Darkzuma's skin off his right hand.

Darkzuma retaliated by jumping back from him to gain distance.

Aigis grabs a huge great sword from his back like he pulled it from nowhere.

"You absolute fool! Once a divine relic like me masters his own powers, it cannot be beaten! It has no weakness! I have transcended more than I am more capable of! Take this! 100 Slashes of Death!"

Aw man, it's even got a cool name!

Aigis begin looking as if he was cutting Darkzuma from everywhere around his body.

Darkzuma with his blade that came out of his right forearm, was struggling to parry all his attacks.

Sounds of metals clashing each other until one breaks.

Maybe I should really learn swordsmanship from Aigis instead.

Of course, the noise was loud enough to wake up Megumin and the others.

They came downstairs fairly quick to watch the battle.

"What happen, Kazuma?"

Aqua looked at me with empty eyes for no reason.

"Oi, is that Darkzuma!"

Megumin did the same expression as Aqua while looking at me.

What is with them?

"Cover Megumin's eyes!"

I didn't want a small child like Megumin to see headless corpses so I asked Darkness to cover her eyes.

Meanwhile... Darkzuma seemed to be pissed.

"You rotten pieces of feeble trashes! I swear I'll take Lalatina to be mine! I cannot fail twice! I'll have to complete my next mission as well!"