Chapter 8 : Darkzuma

"Are you... me?"

We all kept staring at the kidnapper who attempted to kidnap Darkness.

The cold chilly night suddenly wrapped around all of us.

There's no mistaking it.

A dark fedora.. a dark longcoat and black fancy shoes.

He's the reason why I was arrested!

"It's a disguise! Aqua, use your Sacred Spell Break to show this guy's true colors!"

"I already did!"

"Thank you-.. Wait, what did you just said?"

"I-I-I already used it as soon as I thought it was someone as disguised as you. B-But.. I think that might be actually you, Kazuma! There's 2 of you! You didn't tell any of us that you had a twin!"

This idiot! Didn't she look through my history during the heavenly realms! If she knows that I'm a NEET then she most certainly knows I don't have a twin brother!

"Kazuma.. Are you sure you don't remember having a twin? An evil twin?"

Why did Megumin have to add 'evil' in it?! Although this person does look pretty sinister to me...

"A-Aqua, unbind me!"

Aqua quickly unbinds Darkness.

"Reveal yourself! You must be a Demon King General to be able to resist Aqua's magic!"

After all our talking, this person who looked like me wasn't talking at all. Not a single world, which intrigued me...

"My intentions involves no one but Lalatina. If I even have to kill my parallel counterpart to reach my goal, then so be it!"

Parallel counterpart? You mean this guy is me from a different universe or world? That would explain why Aqua's magic didn't work on him. He's the real me!

A sudden kick to my chest, pushed me a few meters back as Darkness catches me.

"Are you okay?"

"No one should say that to someone who was just kicked brutally like they! Agh!"

I begin to cough up blood. He's.. He's pretty strong. If this is my parallel counterpart, why does he get all the glory?

But what is more interesting was that he dodged my bullets, and was using Drain Touch when I was busy arguing with Aqua and Megumin. And that technique he used to kick me.. was Taijutsu..

"You.. Where did you learn Auto-Evasion? Why are you trying to kidnap Darkness? If you're from a different universe, don't you have Darkness in your own world? And who gives you the right to call her Lalatina.."

"Isn't it obvious? My Lalatina is dead..."

We all were surprised to hear that.

This world scares me...

"There's no way Darkness from your world could die.."

"It was when we were defeating the Demon King."

Even more shocking news! This me from another universe already killed the Demon King?

"But! There were sacrifices. My Lalatina sacrificed herself for my own life. As I saw the Demon King's smite upon me. My Lalatina pushed me away and before I could even have a glimpse of her, she was incinerated.."

Is he really that powerful?

"So... who defeated the Demon King from your world?"

Aqua asks.