Chapter 10 : Investigation

"Why do you want me to disguise as you? Isn't that the most dangerous way to kill your boss?"

I complained to Darkzuma.

Apparently he switched sides so easily like it was being forced on.

He would've been a great villain more dangerous than the Demon King but the author wants us to work together so he doesn't write more chapters.

"Let's think about this, Kazuma. It clearly seems that you're more capable of killing the boss. Wait, what is your boss's name?"

Aqua asks Darkzuma.

"We call him Mr. President or just President for short because he wants us to call him that. Apparently he was the one who sent me to this world.."

President? Like a leader from the U.S.?

"Then why didn't you instantly kill him?! Now we gotta deal with him!"

"Because if someone who purposely sends you to another world, they are obviously going to be stronger than you! I was overly cautious so I don't know President's actual ability."

This was coming from the same person who took down Aigis with one hit...

And I had a hard time trying to punch him with my bare fists.

"Aren't you supposed to be stronger than me? Why do you want me to go if you even know I might die?"

"Because if you die, then I'll be in an obvious harem.."

"WEREN'T YOU JUST FILLED WITH BLOODLUST 2 CHAPTERS AGO?!"

...

In the end, we agreed that I would disguise as Darkzuma and kill the President of the kingdom.

Now it was near midnight and we were traveling through the forest on foot.

Aigis accidentally took all the royal carriages to go back to the kingdom and we were forced to walk 2 whole days without sleeping.

"Aaah! I'm too tired to walk anymore! We have to camp and sleep for the whole night! If we don't get any rest, then we will fail our quest!"

Aqua was acting the usual way.

But I had to agree with her for the first time in a while. 2 whole days of walking, we only camped just to eat and search for water.

"Aqua is right! You gotta let 3 beautiful girls have their sleep. We also haven't taken a bath in forever. Let's make one!"

Darkzuma takes Megumin's staff.

"We are near the border of the kingdom. Your explosion is gonna make too much noise. How about we sleep and continue our new mission tomorrow?"

Suddenly, Darkzuma was getting all the praise.

"I knew you would be more reliable than the Kazuma of this world! You're obviously stronger!"

"And your smart intelligence might rival the Crimson Demon intelligence as well."

"Oi, I'm walking right next to you!"

I noticed that Darkness didn't say anything to insult me or my pride.

Maybe she has realized my importance to this world. She really is my-

"Darkness fell asleep while walking!"

"I-I wasn't sleeping! I was just resting my eyes!"

"That's obviously sleeping! Okay let's just camp for the night! You guys are going to hallucinate if we continue any longer."