9

The Next Night

I had just came from upstairs with Olivia, Jordan had came up and got us for dinner.
"Hey dad what's for dinner" I asked peeking over his shoulder. "My famous ribs" he said smothering the meat with sauce. I moved back and went to grabbed some cups and rinsing them while Olivia stood next to me. I had just finished with the last cup when Spencer walked in. "Hey Bear/Spencer" me and Olivia said at the same time. We looked at each other and squinted our eyes and connected our pinkies and let them go. It was something we always did when we did something at the same time.

"Hey man, hope your hungry" dad said still working on the ribs. "Dad made his famous ribs" Olivia said "please famous all he does is mix two sauces together, but it does hit good"  I add picking up the glasses and liv followed behind me as we made our way outside to the table.

Dad and Spencer had came to join us, after there talk. We all sat at the table talked, and joked around just having a good time.

Next Day
6:30 am

I was currently sitting on the bench, on football field watching the team run

I was currently sitting on the bench, on football field watching the team run. I could tell that most of the boys were ready to cave in from running on the field. They had suicides 50 to be exact and after this they had to do dashes. "Hey..hey Nova" my dad took a seat beside me. "Yea dad" I fixed my posture and looked at him wait, "thank you.. for coming back and helping with the team" I nodded my head and got blow my whistle "Alright boys, dashes!!!"

An hour later
We all had made our way into the locker room and the team was bout ready to drop. Not like the practice Asher threw a towel at a locker, we had turned to look at him. "Dude, chill my dad always rides us like this after we lose a game you know that" Jordan said to Asher "Yea,but we didn't lose he did" Asher retorted looking at Spencer "Look, I haven been able to sleep right because mr.i wanna play both sides can't catch or hold a ball"

"Oh Asher Shut the hell up, I'm fucking tired of you bitching. Stop being a pussy and blaming other, Spencer was put on the field doing what he was supposed to do what were you doing, oh that's right on the sidelines with a hurt ankle." I'm tired of Asher, it's starting to get to the point I want him off the team. "He's not the only on that made mistakes... Listen guys, we win as a team and we- " Asher had cut Jordan off
"Yeah , we get itOK!. It doesn't feel like much of a team right now,and it's all thanks to a guy who isn't one of us" Spencer slams his locker shut and grabs his stuff and leave. "Spencer wait.. wait" I said, I turned my head and threw my clip board at Asher.

"What the fuck Asher, what's your problem ever since Spencer came to Beverly you, not anybody but Jordan and especially you have been given him a hard time and until you get that fucking stick from up your white ass don't even bother coming to any of the fucking games." I grabbed my stuff and slang my book bag over my shoulder leaving to go find Spencer.

Time Skip 11Am

 I was walking with Spencer down the hall, we had just came from chemistry class

I was walking with Spencer down the hall, we had just came from chemistry class . "Like dude just pour the liquid it's not that hard" he laughed, basically we had to be in a group and we were dealing with Chemicals. "Hey, moms is having a cookout , you should come" Spencer said stopping in his tracks. "Finally getting a taste at momma grace cooking definitely" I said laughing with Spencer. We started back walking down the hall but the people change, everyone was laughing and looking our way. Suddenly my phone buzz, I looked and gasp the had made a meme out Spencer fumbling. Spencer had took someone's phone and had seen the meme and notice that Asher and group of people laughing and watching Spencer. Before I knew he started making his way to the group, but Jordan had jumped in front of Spencer. "Hey , Spencer Spencer Spencer Spencer" Jordan said stand in front of him trying not to let him go pass him. "Whoa! One fight, and Principal Landon is going to kick you out"

"So I ain't supposed to stand up for myself " Spencer said to Jordan. "That's not what he's saying Spencer, they aren't worth it. But the do deserve everything that comes to them." I said standing beside Jordan. "Asher and his boys been talking smack and been trying things like this everyday and I'm sick of it" "so what am I supposed to do just turn the check and forget about it"

"No they're just being them" Jordan tried making and excuses for them. "Ok they do that to ever one you messes up a play, don't take it personal" Jordan waved it off. "Jordan they made a meme of him dropping a 40-" "Of course you wouldn't see it that way, don't take it personal huh, that's your people" Spencer grabbed his bag and walked away.

"Spence ... come on" Jordan said

Time Skip football field

"Alright boys were gonna play little game" dad said with seriousness "everybody in a circle we gonna have some fun" the boys got into a circle and dad put 23 in the middle and he started calling people to try and take em down

"Alright boys were gonna play little game" dad said with seriousness "everybody in a circle we gonna have some fun" the boys got into a circle and dad put 23 in the middle and he started calling people to try and take em down. "44!" The whistle was blown and he charge to Derrick, but Derrick knock him out "7!" And again "10!" Derrick took him out. "Nice job Derrick be careful and watch that left leg go and work barbell squats" he nodded towards me and made his way off the field to the locker room. "Spencer!, huddle in" Spencer jogged into the middle "24!" Went in and Spencer knocked him off "27!" Spencer did it again knock Edward off him "7!" Jackson went out and got pushed back, but then Asher ran out and pushed Spencer when his was back was turned.

"Hey,hey Ash get off the field! Get off my field I did not call your number" dad was beyond mad and so was Jordan. "You crossed the line.Come on you know better" Jordan pushed Asher into the ground "Jordan wait" I pulled his jersey. "Are you serious for now" Asher pushed him back and I step in front of Jordan trying to keep things from going any-father. "Do not touch my brother" I step to Asher "Hey Hey" dad step in front of me and Asher

"ENOUGH" dad yelled "your supposed to be a family! Right now you are nothing more than an embarrassment!" Dad yelled at the team as he had them lined up. "Y'all feel like giving up this season, Are you really ready for that! I'm not and I'm not and I refuse to let you give up on your future you guys better figure this out and figure it out fast" dad walked of the field.

"Coach is right, This is not us" Jordan got in front of the team "Tomorrow 8:00 AM mandatory letting, Okay you guys know the trip. Well work out together and talk everything out. Everybody understands right" Spencer separated from the group and started walking to the gate "Hey where you going" Jordan yelled to him.

"Man, I have bus to catch, It's Friday I'll be back Monday" Spencer said the rest of the started to go into the locker room to get changed "Hey,hey,hey hold up your blowing this off? Your really not gonna show up for my team" was the last thing I heard before walking off to grab my bag and head home before going to Crenshaw.