Life's A Mess

With a groan, she pushed herself up into a sitting position on her bed. She knew her father was going to be home soon so that meant she had to hurry and take a shower and get into more comfortable clothes before he gets back. She was ready to just collapse back down into her bed and go to sleep, but nonetheless, Y/n got up off her bed and went to pick up out some clothes from her closet before heading to her very own bathroom.

As he stepped into the house, Changkyun saw his parents fighting right before his eyes. There were two reasons - one, due to his behavior today, or two, because of money. He was surprised that his parents haven't spotted him yet, and he was kind of glad that they didn't, even though it was inevitable for him to escape the punishment he would receive. As his father picked up one of the glasses on the counter, lifting it in the air and chucking it at the wall, shards of glass flying everywhere. Changkyun flinched, stepping back to where he hit his heel on the door - causing his parents to look his way.

"Changkyun! Where the fuck have you been and why did you flip a fucking teacher off?!?" Changkyun swallowed the lump in his throat, really regretting the moment he showed weakness as his farther was now taking steps towards him. He could only watch as his father came up to him, grabbing his arm. "It's not any of your fucking business where I've been or what I've been doing! You're just a lousy father who doesn't have a job to support this fucked up family!" 

"And what have you done to contribute to this fucked up family huh?!" The way his father was yelling at him gave Changkyun a headache, this was a constant thing in his house. The only thing his father knew how to do was yell and beat the shit of out of his own son. Changkyun pushed passed his father, trying to get away from the argument when he was suddenly grabbed by the arm once again. Being pulled close to his father, Changkyun pushed the man once again, his back hitting the wooden table that was behind him. 

As he groaned at the impact, he looked at his son, pure hatred and anger in his eyes as he brought his hands up to wrap around Changkyun's neck. His father then pushed his back into the wall behind him. A groan escaping his mouth as he was trying to get air, his hands clawed at his father's. "Kevin! Get off him! He is still our son!" Changkyun's mother yelling at his father right before he kneed his father in between his father's legs, pushing him once again and running to his room, locking the door behind him.

Falling back on his bed, his chest was rising up and down quickly, his lungs still gasping for air as he reached his hands up to his neck. Letting his fingers graze over the swelling skin, a hiss escaping his lips. All he could see was a grainy ceiling, his vision in and out not only from the drugs in his system but also from the lack of oxygen he had moments ago. 

And this was the moment he realized how alone he was. Sure, he had friends, a whole group of them, but they didn't know him. No one really knew him, or how fucked up his life was behind closed doors. It was mostly because he didn't let people in, he didn't believe in trust, he didn't believe in love or any of that and it was all because of his past. Not even Valerie was that special of a friend or anything for him to confide in. Truth was, he never confided in anyone his whole life. 

After laying there, soaking in a lake own thoughts, Changkyun had finally been able to bring his breathing back down to normal. He lifted his hands in the air, eyes scanning over the many bruises covering the skin on them, the many cuts and scars. Even though he acted tough on the outside, Changkyun was still that little boy from ten years ago - still weak and scared. Trying to hold onto something to keep him sane, something that he hasn't found yet but was still searching for.

Rolling over, he grabbed the bottle of pain killers he kept next to his bed, twisting the cap open and popping two or three into his mouth. All Changkyun wanted was to feel numb. He didn't want emotions - he was tired of them - he was tired of feeling. A sigh escapes his mouth, his body turning back over and soon falling asleep.