The Small Moments

Stepping out of the bathroom and starting to head to her locker, Y/n suddenly heard a voice speak up from behind her. "Hey goodie two shoes, you've got something stuck on your shoe." Hearing those words, Y/n looked down to her feet, her face growing red and her heart beating heavy as there were a piece of toilet paper stuck to her right shoe. This was the second time he's talked to her and yet every time he does, she makes a fool of herself. Reaching down, she pulled the tissue paper off her black converse, looking around for a trash can.

Then turning around completely, she saw Changkyun with his back pressed up against the wall, a garbage can beside him as he held a cigarette in between his fingers. He was eyeing her down with a squinted gaze. "You know goodie two shoes, you don't have to act like an idiot to get my attention." She didn't know how to respond to that so instead, she walked over to him and threw away the piece of toilet paper that was in her hand. "Oh right, you probably don't wanna talk to me because I looked like a total asshole back there, yelling at Valerie." Y/n quickly put her hands up in surrender, shaking her head upon his words. "No, not at all, not to me at least." 

He narrowed his eyes again, tilting his head as he looked upon her with wonder. Lifting the cigarette up to his mouth before taking a big puff from it. "What do you mean? How come?" She paused, thinking about the words she were about to say and making sure they were the right ones to use. "I- I mean, no one knows what you're going through and honestly, I probably would've done the same thing depending on the circumstance. So I don't blame you for doing that, whatever you reasons." Her response made him raise his brows in surprise, inhaling and then blowing out the smoke from his cigarette another time. "You don't judge me for what I did?" 

She shook her head, covering her nose at the smell of cigarette that suddenly surrounded her. "I rarely ever judge without knowing the full story, jumping to conclusions could make situations worse at times so I've learned to keep those to a minimum." As Chankyun was starring at her, he took another puff and letting it out making her slightly uncomfortable. "Not saying I don't do it, cause I most definitely have before, but-" "I get it miss goodie two shoes, you don't have to go into detail, detail isn't my thing and I try to stay away from it." 

"Oh... okay, and uhm- I don't mean to make this any of my business, but what about Valerie...?" He let out a sigh, bringing the cigarette up to his lips for the fourth time. "Yeah it isn't any of your business, but Val is my best friend, she'll understand." Changkyun let's out a breathy laugh, noticing how ridiculous Y/n looked covering her face in attempt to block the smoke from getting in her lungs. "Oh goodie two shoes, a little bit of smoke isn't gonna kill you." "Maybe not now, but in the long run it most definitely could."

After a silence engulfed the both of them, Changkyun couldn't help but let his eyes fall down to her lilac hoodie. He found it amusing how technical she was with everything, but yet again, the lilac clothing triggered something inside of him for some reason. Something he couldn't quite understand. "Well... uh- I better get going before the bell rings. Don't be to hard on yourself, Changkyun." He was again surprised, not only by the fact that she said his name, but also because he didn't get why she was being so nice to him - someone she knew nothing about.