SR - rain talk

seulgi opens her eyes at the sound of her apartment door getting unlocked.

the light footsteps that follow after the door shut tell her it's joohyun who came in.

it's probably around six in the morning. joohyun always comes in around this time whenever she comes from working the night shift in the hospital.

not wanting to get up yet, seulgi shifts her eyes to the window, seeing pure greyness outside.

it is raining.

she inhales, getting calmer by the second. joohyun would go to her anytime now to wake her up and to help her clean up and change.

she decides to continue her sleep while waiting for that.

---

the rain is still pouring outside the second time she opens her eyes. the time stamp on her phone says it's past ten in the morning.

there is no movement in the apartment.

did joohyun leave without waking her up?

seulgi gets up to check. there's food on the table, but joohyun's not around. she ventures more around the apartment and smiles when she finally finds joohyun sprawled on the couch, asleep, still in her baby pink scrub suit.

poor joohyun. she must be tired from work.

the sleeping nurse moves, turning to the side and curling up into a fetal position.

seulgi melts at the sight, wondering how this woman can still give her these funny unexplainable feelings until now.

sighing at how whipped she still is, seulgi grabs a blanket from her room and covers joohyun with it. she plops down on the couch under joohyun's feet and stares at the other woman in silence.

seulgi doesn't want to wake her up yet, knowing joohyun would leave by then. it always breaks seulgi to see the woman go. she understands now how joohyun felt before each time she goes for her new assignment.

seulgi fixes the blanket to make sure joohyun's properly covered. once done, she leans back on the couch and looks up at the ceiling.

she closes her eyes and listens to the rain.

---

she wakes up for the third time that day.

how long has it been? an hour? two? three?

she can still hear the rain outside.

a movement on the couch made seulgi look. joohyun's wide awake now, staring at seulgi with that adorable face of hers.

"morning," says joohyun, blinking her sleepiness away and covering her yawn with a hand.

still disoriented, seulgi tilts her head up and rubs her eyes. "what time is it?"

"it's past noon."

seulgi internally groans, thinking how she wasted her time sleeping instead of staring and appreciating joohyun in silence.

"what time is your work later?" she asks joohyun.

"it's my off today."

"oh."

"why do you ask?"

"nothing. just curious."

joohyun examines the blanket. "sorry. i didn't notice i dosed off here. a lot happened in the hospital last night. i was running from ward to ward the entire shift."

"you can still sleep. i won't be noisy."

joohyun's body relaxes. she stretches her legs out until they are fully resting on seulgi's lap. she pulls the blanket over her body. "thank you."