SR - the foundation

"don't tell me you got yourself locked out again?" asks sunmi.

"no." seulgi chuckles. "i came here because i realised i don't have your number yet."

"wow. is kang seulgi asking for my number?"

"yes, i am. but aside from that, i have an important thing to tell you. i have a proposal to make."

sunmi gets more shocked. "you're already proposing? that's so fast, seulgi!"

seulgi rolls her eyes. "c'mon. i have little time today. joohyun and yerim will arrive in a few minutes."

"fine. such a killjoy," sunmi snorts, opening her door wider. "come on in."

seulgi steps in. she immediately finds the kitten eating from its bowl. "hey there, mango!" she stoops down to observe. "having a meal, huh?"

"wow. i can't believe you find my pussy more interesting than me," says sunmi, her voice in the kitchen area.

seulgi grimaces. "why do you keep calling it pussy instead of a cat or a kitten?"

"because i love how people get awkward whenever i say it. it's a hard habit to break now. been doing that for a very long time. deal with it." sunmi reappears in the living room with refreshments in her hands. "drinks?"

"i'm surprised you have an orange juice aside from beer and water."

"i had to include that in my grocery list now for a very special guest that might visit me."

"i'm honoured."

"don't be. i just don't want your nurse killing me if ever i give you beer again."

"c'mon. she won't do that." seulgi plops down the couch beside sunmi. "and she's not just a nurse. she's joohyun."

"joohyun. your ex. your nurse. the one you can't get over with. it's just one person. what's the difference?"

"whatever." seulgi sighs and rolls her eyes. she turns to face sunmi. "anyway, as i've said, i came here to tell you something."

"yeah. about the proposal, right?"

"yes. the proposal. the thing is, the discussion we had last time lingered in my mind, and i know i had to do something about it."

"which topic in particular?"

"remember you mentioned how you've been seeing those homeless animals scavenging for food in the streets?" asks seulgi. "well, joohyun and yerim drove me around town the other day, and i kind of have seen what you're talking about."

"what? the three of you went out?"

"yes. we had dinner together."

"sweet, huh? how did you feel about it?"

seulgi waves a hand. "can we not talk about that yet? i'm trying to make a point here."

"okay. okay." sunmi drinks from her glass, gesturing seulgi to continue.

"so, the thing is, i had a long talk with my manager yesterday. i asked for some advice about starting a foundation... and she says she's willing to help us out."

sunmi's brows furrow. seulgi takes it as a chance to continue.

"right after that, i reached out to the ex-sau chapter in this town to ask for some help. they had all the connections needed. they found a temporary shelter for those animals. they also started with the operation and rescued a handful of pets yesterday."

sunmi looks confused. "wait. are you saying you're actually starting a foundation here?"

seulgi nods. "my manager has connections who are willing to donate for this cause. i will also have a meeting with my accountants to arrange how a certain percentage of my revenue will go automatically as a donation to this foundation."