1.9 𝙎𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙏𝙤𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬

"So the bear says, "Your cave?" I've been dumping my bones here since last week

"So the bear says, "Your cave?" I've been dumping my bones here since last week." Guy told, laughing at his own joke. Gran and Thunk laughed with him.

"Last week, haha. That's a funny story!" Gran cackled and steadied herself by her cane and patted on Guy's shoulder.

Guy shook his head. "It's not a story! It's a joke."

" What's a joke?" Gran asked, puzzled.

"You know, just making something up... to make you laugh." Guy explained, shrugging.

Gran stared at him for a moment. " Hah, I don't get it." She laughed more.

☯︎︎

The Croods stood motionless before an open plain, deeply sculpted with meandering grooves which form a massive MAZE.

Guy was handing out shells to the Croods and Y/n. "Here you go, one for you, and this one's for you."

" Thanks." Thunk thanked him and stared at the shell in curiosity.

The family started to blow their shells, causing Grug to shake his head in annoyance. " Okay. Okay. That's enough." He turned to Guy. "I don't see why the kids need their own shells."

"So if anyone gets in trouble, we can call the others." Guy answered.

"Wait-- you're saying we should split up?" Grug asked, narrowing his eyes at Guy.

Guy nodded confirming. " We can try more paths at once. It's the fastest way through."

Grug he put a hand on Thunk's shoulder. " Croods stick together." He pointed an accusing fingure at guy. "Your way isn't safe."

"They can handle it." Guy said.

"Yes we can." Y/n agreed, defending Guy as she stood closer to him.

"We can do it, dad." Eep added.

Grug shook his head. " No no no no no. It's my job to keep you safe. I'm still in charge and we are not splitting up."

When he saw Y/n and Guy, standing closer, he added- "Except for you two. And that's final."

Grug sat down like a gorilla, stubbornly.

Just then, the Earth started to shake violently. The Croods and Guy were knocked down into the maze each falling into a separate part of the maze.

As Grug and Guy slid past each other, frustrated, Grug, tried to punch Guy but failed.