spying Page 50

"So a good spy, doesn't have to look a specific way, but needs to be in a good operating area?" Faina asks her eyes looking at Doom in that predatory way.

"No, Faina a spy could be very clever even in a location away from any area of interest. A spy that operates in that method normally has lots of friends, or more like stooges, those who they know and talk too often. Where they ask their friends little bits of information. For example, asking some janitor at a lab if anything is going on. Most of the time it is useless information, but there is a chance that Janitor would remark about hearing some Scientists got a grant to research something."

"Or another example: a dock worker would notice more shipments heading to Griffonstone then normal. There is a possibility a few of these Ponies are doing just that type of spying."

==================================

"A spy you know or expect is a spy you can manipulate, remember that if you are discovered doesn't mean you are arrested or attacked, you might be fed fake information. I could order items to be transported to Griffonstone, but I just send somewhere else because it is not really important. I could also order items I do need via other locations." He looks at the two children.

"So how does the other method of spying work?" Gallus asks again.

"There are multiple methods, but for this lesson, we keep it to just two. Another method is insertion. A spy either targets someone in an organization or tries to get into the organization themselves. The risk in this method is higher, you are taking a direct risk of trying to get information directly."