15

A/N This chapter was a bit challenging to write as I'm closer to ending the story, and I need to patch things up. Sorry about that 😅

DEATHWISH~poutyface

_______________

Why am I even here? I could die. Whatever, it be like that sometimes, thought Deku.

He did admit that entering an abandoned building with no weapons (not to mention backup) wasn't exactly the smartest idea.

But hey, he had survived on sheer dumb luck so far, which was pretty impressive considering how many times 1A had been attacked by villains. He hesitantly grabbed at the doorknob, only for it to fall apart in his hands. Izuku stared at it blankly for a few seconds before sending a prayer to the gods and entering the building.

Sweat trickled down his neck as he observed quietly. The interior was just as bad as the exterior: the broken down walls were splattered in blotches of black and brown, while the dusty floors homed some 'cute' critters. A few mice scurried past him like they were late for an important meeting. Midoriya thought it was funny, which made him snort, and that was not appropriate for the situation he was in currently. Shaking his head, Izuku kept down the corridor, occasionally stopping to look behind him.

The corridor itself was short and there wasn't anything useful in the rooms, although there were stairs which led to the second floor. He climbed up quickly but silently, careful to not trip over the loose debris and cracks decorating each stair.

Step on a crack, break your moms back, he joked.

The second floor was in much worse condition than the ground floor. Not only had part of the ceiling collapsed, but the floor boards looked rotten and brittle, one mishap away from completely collapsing. The parts of the wall that were still intact were covered in remnants of a blue paint that Deku was sure looked absolutely beautiful in its prime.

He hadn't seen her at first, but he sure as hell had now. Izuku's eyes widened and he covered his mouth with a shaky hand. On the floor lay Momo, gagged and blindfolded, looking unhealthily thin. Cuts and bruises littered her barely covered body, her private parts being covered by mere strips of fabric.

Not only had they tied Yaoyorozu down, but they had placed large pieces of rubble over her arms and legs to minimize her movement. He ran over to her on wobbly legs, trying to not break down completely. Izuku needed to calm down or the situation would only get more dire.

He began by removing the wreckage, flinching as Momo whimpered in pain. He whispered quiet encouragements to her as he removed them, hoping his words of comfort would be somewhat helpful.

The bones didn't seem to be broken, thankfully. He took off the gag and blindfold.

"Momo, please, wake up," he begged, voice gentle.

Tears slid down Midoriya's cheeks. It pained him to see his friend suffer so greatly. Momo slowly cracked open an eye, only for her face to take one of fear. She mumbled incoherently, trying to sit up only to lay back down when it was too painful.

"What? What is it?" he asked frantically. Had she lost her voice? Was she dying?

"I..it's....tr..trap..." she croaked out.

It was only then that it hit Midoriya. Literally. A villain hit him with the butt of their knife. He yelped out in pain and jumped to his feet, clutching the back of his head.

Im gonna get a killer headache after this, he thought grimly. Izuku activated One For All, preparing for a battle. There were two villains; Burnt Nugget and Mosquito. He was a bit surprised that Handjob wasn't accompanying them, though he didn't show it.

"Hello, Izu-chan!" greeted Toga. "I was pretty mad when Same-chan came back empty handed, but I didn't have to do too much. I loved what you did to his face Izu-chan. I just wish there was more blood!" she giggled, running towards Midoriya.

He dodged just in a nick of time, only to come face to face with a wall of blue flames. Izuku dropped and rolled, delivering a drop-kick to try and throw Dabi off balance.

"You," he hissed out to Toga, spitting out the metallic blood in his mouth. Izuku's heart pounded in his ears, and his head was throbbing, but he couldn't afford to give up.

Midoriya had finally connected the dots. "When the hell did you get Yaoyorozu's blood?" he questioned while sending a flick of power to Himiko.

"Oh, that's easy. I took it after her little homophobic episode," she answered, dodging expertly. "You know, if you come with us, you wouldn't have to deal with that."

"Yeah, no thanks," he deadpanned.

"You don't have a choice, Izu-tan," replied Toga in a sickly sweet voice. He was getting cornered.

I can't let them take me. I have to help momo. No matter what.

"Delware Detroit sma—"

Suddenly, the flames being thrown at him vanished. Izuku repositioned himself, looking around for any new possible threats.

"What the fu—"

Dabi didn't get to finish his sentence, as Mr Aizawa came crashing through the door. He whipped his capture weapon towards the two villains, only for Toga to cut both of them out.

Midoriya rushed back into the fight after the initial shock passed.

What am I gonna do what am I gonna do I'm gonna die Kacchan is going to resurrect me and kill me himself—wait. The floor.

"Mr Aizawa, please cover me." Izuku yelled, not waiting for a response. He lifted Yao-Momo over his shoulder, careful not to inflict more damage than there already was.

I hope we survive this.

At this point, the floor would collapse at the smallest pressure that was applied.

"Detroit Smash!"