THE LONG RUN...

THIRD POV:

 RUN... those were the only words repeating in her mind as she kept running through the densest forest even after the sun has crossed its horizon to finally rest and the moon has started to shyly make its way up. Finally she has crossed the border of her pack few hours ago that basically makes her a rogue right now. She had been running for hours and as she hasn't shifted yet and thus she couldn't move faster. Her hunger and thirst wasn't making it any easier either.

*flashback at the house*

 As her mom took in her last breath she lost all traces of humanity in her. She lost all that she had left, just because she count control her damn mouth. It was all her fault. Those words kept repeating in her head again and again. She was in pain, not physically but mentally. She couldn't still realize what had happen. It was like she was completely frozen and didn't know how to speak. 

"m-momm.." she let out a mere whisper as her breath was completely hitched and her whole body was shaking. a single tear rolled down her cheek and it was like the silence before storm.

"glad now darling, we have no disturbance. As you have nobody to take care of you, I, Arsenio Orionis, the alpha of moonlight pack, will hereby take care of you." he completed his sentence with a damn smirk. "oh and don't even think of running away darling, cuz your mine and only mine. And nobody in this world has the courage to go against me. after all your just a runt"

JUST A RUNT.. only if she was someone strong.. only if she had shifted like everyone.. only if she wasn't ever born.. her loved ones would have never suffered. she saw herself as the murderer of her own family. Her mind kept blaming herself, yet she was frozen and couldn't move a muscle.

"alpha I think we should just leave. I don't think-" hector, who was still wide eyed after seeing the power of her scream started but was cut off by just one glare. He still couldn't believe what he had just saw, the fact that everybody were thrown against the hallway after a scream, a runt's scream. He was a good man, but couldn't go against the alpha or he knows his family too would have to pay the consequences. He used to take care of their family in secret after the alpha leaves  not before causing few bloodshed in that family.

"First I thought of having you as my queen. But I have changed my mind. From now on, you are my slave. Your whole existence is just to satisfy my mere needs and bow me as you tail behind my back with your head hung low as my slave." his wrath taking the best of him. He had no remorse at all. "beta, may you capture this slave and bring her to our palace." he added with a smug expression.

"yes sir" the beta mumbled with his head hung low and he started walking towards her.

She still sat there with her hands on her head as she kept blaming herself for everything while looking at her mom. When she realized what was happening, a painful howl rose from her chest which caused everybody in that room to fall on their knees while trying to shut their ears with their hands. 

"what the fuck's happening aahhh, it hurts!! make it stopp!!!" yelled the monster still kneeling down. The alpha tried to mindlink his guards, only to find out that their mindlink were shattered too. They couldn't bear it anymore. The whole town was in pain.

Meanwhile she realized her mom's words that she escape from that hell hole. She turned around to see the alpha in pain. She didn't have time to think about what had happened.

"STOPP BITCH!! NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, YOU ARE ALWAYS MINE!! NEVER FORGET THAT.. I WILL FIND YOU AND TASTE YOU SOMEDAY!!" was the last words she heard as she was already running towards the border before she could take in what was happening. she turned to look at her house one last time, as she sprinted far away and away from the monster. And as she crossed the line her wolf let out a growl from the back of her mind...

*end of the flashback*

As she suddenly slowed down a bit, she heard weird noises in the background. But since the moon had taken its place between the twinkling stars and had wore the dark night sky as its blanket, she couldn't see anything when she turned. And also since her body was completely worn out, all she wanted was to just rest, yet she knows she cant. she knows Arsenio would have already sent his guards to search for her. 

She was leaning on the nearby tree to catch her breath from the long run, she heard footsteps from behind. Her breathing became uneven as her chest started heaving up and down thinking the worst scenarios possible. what if it was him? what if he will take her back? what will happen to her? will she really become his slave? or what of it was some wild animal? she hasn't even shifted yet!! She wasn't scared. hell nah. She was known to be the most fearless person of her whole pack. Still she couldn't help but think of the worst that could happen.

While the thoughts were clouding her exhausted mind, she didn't see the hungry wolf that was getting ready to pound on her for flesh thinking she was human. As it was taking silent steps towards her, it by mistake stamped on a twig which caused her to turn immediately. As she turned around her eyes became wide as a saucer and her breath hitched. Taking this as the chance it jumped on her while she just stood there closing her eyes and thinking that this was her end. So much for running this far huh. But nothing struck her as she expected it to..

Opening her eyes she saw the most beautiful wolf she has ever seen. A DARK GREY WITH WHITE WOLF WITH GREEN EYES, glaring and growling at the other wolf with so much power and authority..

 A DARK GREY WITH WHITE WOLF WITH GREEN EYES, glaring and growling at the other wolf with so much power and authority

She knew that it was a male alpha just by looking at it, the powerful aura and its chin held high with prestige and pride. The other wolf, which was perhaps a rogue, by now submitted and ran away not before smirking at her. Her exhausted mind thought nothing much about it as she was waging a mini war with her eyelids, fighting to keep it open. 

Then as she turned to look at the alpha, who had now shifted back and worn his clothes, their eyes locked and they kept looking at each other for few seconds. She took time to admire his beauty as for some unknown reason she couldn't look away from him. but confusion struck her expressions when she saw his eyes widen and he let out a spine-chilling howl. But soon it was her turn to become wide-eyed as her breath hitched and jaw was left open after a word left the alpha's throat and rolled down from its tongue before he could stop it...

"MATE"..

That was the last thing she heard before darkness consumed her...