YOU?!

ATHENA POV:

       I just stood there with my mouth hung open and heart thumping against my chest loud and cheerful. I took 2 solid minutes to comprehend what was going on and where I was. Watching the cheerful gaze of people and the wide smile they had on their face I suddenly got reminded of my parents on my 16th birthday

*flashback*

"no no no. you're doing it wrong!!" a voice whisper-yelled

"no YOU are doing it wrong for my princess" replied another voice in defense.

"stop yelling your gonna wake her up!" 

"no you stop! im not even yelling"

"ugh ukw? nevermind... just bring that over here"

"why should I listened to you!? you bring it!"

"gawd stop behaving immature will u?!"

"no you-"

"mom? dad?"

The middle-aged couple stopped their bickering as they heard the sweet yet bold angelic voice of their daughter.

"oh h-hey sweetie. why are you up hehe?" her dad laughed nervously as her mom too seemed  panicked.

"whats going on guys? is there something wrong?" she asked while sitting up on her bed.

"no sweetie. Everything's perfectly alright you need to lie down because its still earl- whAT ARE YOU DOING. STAY IN BED DONT GET UP!" her father started to frantically yell seeing his daughter get up from her bed.

"honey you are scaring her. STOP YELLING" his wife yelled at him back while facepalming seeing him flopping their plans perfectly.

"gosh you guys startled me! you are being weird is something wrong?"

"whut no absolutely not! wrong?!! pfft what could be wrong when we are here preparing your birthda- OUCH WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" He couldn't complete his sentence as he felt sudden pain on his foot. His wife had stamped on his foot.

"YOU LITERALLY RUINED THE PLAN GENIUS! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SURPRISE- ugh never mind I should have known you would be like this" his wife growled at him who stood their with a pained expression.

But as soon as he opened his mouth to argue back they were interrupted by a loud laugh. They whipped to their heads to the direction of their daughter, only to see the heart-warming sight of their little princess laughing her head off at their cute bickering. Their eyes soon softened and eventually they started laughing with her too.

"You guys are the cutest couple ever!!" she said in between her laughs, while rolling on the bed.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATHENA !!!" she heard as she had finished off with her laugh. As she turned her head to her parents only for smile to become really wide seeing them stand their with balloons and a chocolate truffle in their hand, and the biggest smile on their faces.

"Thank you mom, dad. You both are the best!!" she said as she stared at her parents lovingly.

"Well we have the best daughter ever!" said the man with a wide smile that never failed to melt his daughter's heart. He saw his daughter getting emotional.

"well hurry up!! make a wish and blow the candles so we could have the cakee!!" her mom said as they started singing birthday wishes to her, along with the moon that was shining bright and big above the sky.

*end of flashback*

"ATHENA" I was brought back to reality by the constant shaking of my shoulder and my name being called.

"are you ok?" Xen asked me with concern seeing my suddenly tear-filled eyes.

"huh? oh yeah im fine. I just got overwhelmed by the warmth I received. you didnt have to to do this much for me" i whispered with a smile and held back my tears as I wasn't used to these many people.

"aww.. you are our family now dear. of course we would do this for you!" a middle aged lady with a warm smile. But something about that lady felt off.She felt oddly familiar. I shrugged it off thinking it was my mind playing tricks.

"Thank you mrs.?" I trailed not knowing what to call her as.

"woods. Christine woods. Louis' mother." she smiled. I was really exhausted and just wanted to jump onto my bed and fall asleep for 10 days straight. But they all started talking to me one by one, and I know I wouldn't escape from there for at least few more hours.

"where's you parents dear?" one of them asked as I froze immediately not knowing what to answer. I looked up to see christine with a sly smirk on her face but changed her expression immediately.

"Okay enough with intros and stuff. she must be really tired right now so let her rest and later we could talk" Xen jumped in to save me from passing out then and there. Im just so thankful for her lord.

"oh dear. Yes you need to rest you look so tired. We'll see you later sweetie, Xen will take you to your room." Christine said immediately with an unreadable expression. I just watched her face with a confused expression only to be pulled away by Xen.

"Be careful with the stairs. If you feel really tired you could just take a room on the ground floor." she said, worried about my condition.

"no no. I can make it. Dont worry too much" I said even though I felt really weak. She gave a smile and started walking towards the stairs as she kept babbling about her school, family and how she wants to spend time with me. I kept answering her with a smile when suddenly I felt dizzy, but I shrugged it off and continued walking.

"are you ok Athes?" asked Xen for which I just nodded my head. Suddenly I lost my balance and was about to fall off. I prepared myself for a fall which never happened. Worried expression and a hand around my waist that belonged to the alpha was the last thing I saw and felt before passing out.

The grey ceiling and the big chandelier was the first thing I saw after opening my eyes. My eyes wandered around the room only to find out that I wasn't in my room. I panicked and sat up immediately groaning on the bed but calmed down eventually as I remembered the day's events. Now that I look around the room I noticed that it had a classic yet unique design with maximum woodwork and elegant designing arrangements in the room. The room was hella big and the big windows having heavy curtains that allowed minimal light inside the room. 

But as soon as I looked at the photos on the wall, I came to know that this was the alpha's room. what the hell?! As I was observing the photos I heard the door click open and in walked a women I least expected to see.

"long time no see Athena Dorothy Homer" She said with a smirk which I could feel even when I was turning my back against her.

My eyes widen and my blood boiled at that voice. I turned around to get the shock of my life...

"YOU?!"