WHO ARE YOU?...

ATHENA POV:

"you need to go bath, u stink you idiot"

"no I don't. I'll just wait here until she wakes up"

"imagine her waking to something  horrendously stinking near her. she'd freak out"

"you better stop snickering back there and shut your mate's mouth, bud"

"its just too funny to see you both bickering. btw you really stink dude"

a low growl was heard.

"when is she gonna wake up"

"ooohhhh someone's whipped already"

"wh- no whipped? me? pfftt nah.. im just worried"

"sure sure.. bu-"

A groan had disturbed the bickering that woke me up from my deep slumber. I tried opening my eyes, only to shut them again. I felt my head pounding so badly. 

"she's waking up!!" said a voice with excitement.

"shut up and dim the lights idiot. she struggling to open her eyes." said a feminine voice that I'm thankful for. 

As the lights were dim, I slowly opened my eyes to find three pairs of wide eyed faces looking at me like I'm some alien. As my mind hadn't comprehended what had happened in past few hours, unintentionally I tried to scoot a little backwards. But I couldn't get up due to my head ache and ended clutching my head between the hands. 

"relax. your safe" said a manly but oddly safe voice. I lifted my head up to see a familiar yet unfamiliar handsome face with green eyes.  

"don't look at her like that, you both are scaring her!" the young women said to the two men. She turned to me with a warm smile and said " how are you dear? do you remember anything that happened few days ago?" with concerned filled eyes.

Few days?! I was out for few days?! I thought for few hours!!

"You were unconscious of 5 days. The pack doc said it was because you were really weak" the first guy said, as if he could read my thoughts.

"who- where am I?" I managed to breathe out amidst the thousands of question that filled my pounding head.

"Our pack hospital. you passed out due to exhaustion and tiredness, so we brought you here" said the other man, who looked almost in his early 20s. He had hazel eyes and a strong aura, not stronger than the other man.

"uhm.. which pack exactly?" I quietly mumbled like a young girl waiting to receive a punishment for a mistake she did. 

"woods moon pack" said the man's voice with so much pride and authority. He must be the alpha.

My breath hitched. The woods moon pack was the strongest pack in the country. Nobody has ever won against the alpha of this pack. whoa!

"yes. This is the alpha, Louis Woods, also my big bro. I am Xenia Woods-"

"U mean soon-to-be Xenia Terry" the other guy smirked. This time two growls disturbed him making him scoff. If it was any other time definitely I would have laughed at their bickering.

"Let her continue, Ed" louis spoke.

"And this idiot right here is Ed terry, our beta, also my mate" she said with a bright smile. But my eyes were fixed on the alpha.

ALPHA..

My eyes widened once again as I remember past few day's incidents. mom, dad, Arsenio, the long run, that rogue, the alpha, that word 'mate'... I started having trouble in breathing after remembering everything that happened.. I never thought I'd hear this word in my life, again..

"no no don't faint again pls" said the other man, who I think is the beta of the mate, only to be elbowed on the rib by his mate.

"i-it cant hap-happen.. n-no.. n-not again.. he's gonna find me" I started getting up from the bed due to panic after removing the IV.

"wait. stop! don't do that your hurting yourself.." they all started panicking seeing me like that. 

"nobody is coming after you, calm down" the alpha came near me after rumbling a low growl. but as I took a step backwards, he stopped with an expression of... hurt?

"darling calm down pls. no one's coming for you. Louis will protect you from anyone who is against you" Xenia said with sweet baby voice, which failed to penetrate through my mind filled with question and panic.

"no he can't.. nobody can" I whispered.

"I will protect my mat-" the alpha started but was cut off by none other than me.

"no! don't say that word! I cant be your mate.. no!" I frantically started yelling as they stared at me wide-eyed while louis let out a strong growl.

"why?!" asked he while his eyes were distinguished into golden for a moment before he pushed it aside.

"Because I already had a mate!! how can I get another one?! This cant be happening. There must be something wrong" I know this wasn't his fault but I couldn't help but yell at him.

"whut?!" three of them yelled together as alpha's wolf was fighting for control. 

"Wait is that our mate?" asked my wolf from the back of my mind.  She let out a painful growl as I stopped her from reaching him.

"where were you all this time huh?!"  I asked her getting frustrated at her disappearance for so long.

"chill, I was weak. but how is this possible? what about.. Chris then?.." she asked in a low whisper.

I could feel us both getting sad at the mention of him..

"but.. how?.." Xenia asked while facing her brother. He didn't reply. Nor did he move. Heck he even failed to blink as he stared right through my soul. I could sense his wolf in pain at the mention of another guy.

"who is he" he growled out after few minutes of fierceful staring. 

I just lowered my gaze not having the will to answer that question. 

"I asked you something!" He raised his voice after not getting the answer to his question.

"LOUIS! you are scaring her!! stop!" yelled Xenia, whose presence I was so thankful for.

"I deserve to know as your mat-"

"Someone I love! ok?! and stop saying that word!! it just brings me back the memories and no I am not ready to accept another mate right now! If you want I can rej-" 

"don't you dare!" he growled and with that left the room after slamming the door shut.

"I'll go check on him" ed informed slowly before chasing after his alpha.

"its all my fault" I started blaming myself as usual.

"hey hey hey.. nothing is your fault. he is just hurt cuz he was really eager to meet his mate. Its ok, everything will be ok. I'll always be with you as your friend. why don't you start with telling who you are and where you're from, hmm?" she cooed sweetly. For some reason I knew that I could trust her and that she would indeed become my bestie soon.

I slowly looked into her eyes and told, "Athena, Athena Dorothy Homer"

And with I started telling her how I ended up here and incidents of the past few days, of course leaving the part of my unspoken love story...