PC │024

【A L V I N】

Lucien suggested that I head back home before falling asleep at his place so I could change into some comfortable clothes, which is exactly what I did. After having done so, I prepared to go over to his place, but I came across a nasty little roach - and guess what I did.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

If you leave out the part where I screamed my lungs out and hopped around the room like a psychopath, then I did nothing. I didn't even attempt to kill it because I noticed that it could fly - and if you're terrified of roaches, you know better than to fuck with the ones that can fly. Those are literally just Satan shapeshifting. 

Then, I made my way over to Lucien's with my favourite pillow in hand. Yes, I have a favourite pillow. Don't judge me, I bet you do as well. 

Whilst Lucien and I lay beside each other on his bed with our gaze fixed to the empty ceiling, I told him about my little incident with the cockroach back at home and it took about fifteen minutes before he was done laughing his ass off, yet it only took me a few minutes to want to ship him to space. 

"Hey, how come you said you haven't met the right person yet?" I questioned curiously, hoping my intrusiveness wouldn't lead to him being uncomfortable or upset. 

"I honestly don't know," he began. "It's just that - the people I meet who could be potential partners always end up disappointing me. That sounds a little selfish - I meant that they always end up finding someone else or doing something really fucking shallow. Or sometimes they just say something so shallow and it makes me lose interest in them."

"People always disappoint, huh?" I sighed heavily.

"I mean, not always," he began. "I think. If you end up disappointing me then I'll give up on all of humanity."

My heart nearly dropped at that. I failed to understand why it made me feel special yet helpless at the same time. 

"I'll try not to disappoint you," I confessed. "Only if you won't disappoint me either."

"Now why would I do that?" he inquired with a small grin. "I wouldn't dare dream of it."

Uh-oh. This was bad. For some reason that made my stomach feel like it had twisted itself into knots and plunged down the tallest cliff known to mankind. In other words, those butterflies that people always talk about when they're describing their crush on someone. 

Crush? No way. No way in hell did I have feelings for Lucien. Not in the slightest. There's a snowball's chance in hell. 

"Hey, you wanna listen to music?" he questioned. "I'm not really that tired yet, so maybe we could just relax a little."

"Of course," I said. "Who am I to refuse an offer like that?"

With a nod, he grabbed his phone from the nightstand before grabbing a pair of earphones, "These are an unused pair so you don't have to worry about earwax or anything."

"Thanks for letting me know, I guess?" I let out with a quiet chuckle before taking one of the buds and placing them into my ear. After he'd done the same, he scrolled through his phone before finally settling with a song. Following that, he set his phone on the space on the bed in between the both of us before tucking both his arms behind his head with a sigh of relief. 

"Mystery of Love?" I gasped. "I'm literally in love with this song."

"Have you watched Call Me By Your Name?" he questioned, glancing over at me.

"No, I haven't," I admitted. "Have you?"

"I haven't either. I just listened to the soundtrack and immediately fell in love," he admitted. 

"I heard that 'Love, Victor' is better, though," I brought up. "Apparently there's a lot of chemistry between the characters and it deals with a lot of acceptance issues as well."

"Maybe we should watch it together some time then," he offered. "If that's fine with you."

"I'd love to," I grinned. 

Then, silence fell upon us. We stayed silent throughout the rest of the song and when it finally came to an end, he rolled over onto his side and gave me a curious look which I returned, quite confused. 

"How come you never bothered to talk to me the first three years of us living beside each other?" he questioned. "I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just genuinely curious."

"I guess I was shy?" I admitted. "I was planning on baking cookies for you the day you moved in but you know I can't cook for shit. How come you never bothered to make an attempt either?"

"I always saw you hanging out with your friend group and I didn't want to be a burden, you know? You seemed like you were happy with life the way it was - and my mind tricked me into believing that if I even got anywhere near you, I'd end up fucking things up," he finished with a pained chuckle. "I guess I was just insecure."

"I understand that, actually," I began. "But they think you're the most amazing person they've ever met, so turns out you were wrong, huh?"

"Just them? You don't think so?" he teased with a smug smile on his face as he wiggled his Chewbacca ass eyebrows. 

"I think so as well," I admitted without skipping a beat. "You really are the most amazing person I've met. I haven't had this much fun with anyone else for a long, long time."

"When was the last time?" 

"With my ex, maybe?" I sighed, looking away. 

"Hopefully I can be better than your ex," he responded after a while. 

"You already are," I assured, shaking my head at him. 

"Really?"

"Really."

I turned back over onto my back after that and silence fell upon us yet again. We stayed silent for a little bit longer this time, and the question that I had asked myself a few hours prior came floating back into my mind. 

"Hey, Lucien?" I questioned in a soft voice to which he let out a quiet hum. 

"Would you ever consider dating me?" 

Fuck, why would I ask him that?

What followed after my inward embarrassment was silence. I curiously glanced over at him with raised brows and let out a sigh of relief when I found out that he hadn't left me on seen in real life, he had just fallen asleep. 

With a fond grin on my face, I removed the buds of the earphone from both our ears before setting his phone aside and switching off the night-lamp. 

"Goodnight, Lucien."