PC │027

【A L V I N】

The next morning, I had to make sure I awoke before half past seven in the morning - which was why I set an alarm on my phone for half past five. I made a dreadful attempt at trying to fully awaken myself - but somehow, it ended up working. I ended up finding a container full of Advil pills in the cabinet in his washroom and so I placed it on the table beside his bed along with a glass of water. 

And before leaving, I even prepared breakfast - and surprisingly, I didn't burn anything. I didn't even season the food too much. It tasted perfect for whatever reason there was. Maybe the problem wasn't with me after all. Maybe the problem was with my house. It was probably just cursed and my stupid ass mind probably just tricked me into being an insecure little shit. 

I managed to leave after having sent him a text which informed him that I'd prepared breakfast and left it in the microwave for him to heat up and enjoy - and then I drove myself to work. Like always, work was quite hectic but I enjoyed it nevertheless. However, it took longer than it usually would and so I ended up getting back home at somewhere around half past five in the evening. 

Surprisingly, I hadn't gotten a text back from him and so I automatically assumed that he was either busy or was probably ghosting me because he remembered that he'd tried to kiss me when he was drunk. I decided to not let it bother me too much, because he definitely had his reasons. 

At around half past seven whilst I was binging on a bowl of popcorn while watching a Netflix documentary, I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly set the bowl aside and threw the blanket off my body before rushing over to the door and pulling it open. 

"Lucien? Come in," I spoke upon noticing him at the doorway. 

He stepped inside with a small grin and handed me the jacket that I'd left at his place. I took it from him after thanking him and the both of us made our way over to the couch before sitting down. He let out a sigh before clearing his throat and looking over at me, "Thank you for taking care of me last night."

"You don't have to thank me," I responded shyly, my mind already a mess from just having spoken to him. "It was a pleasure, actually."

"And uh," he began awkwardly before pursing his lips and looking in the other direction. "Thank you for not taking advantage of me as well. I've never really kissed anyone before so it means a lot to me that you turned down my offer."

"It's basic human decency, you shouldn't have to thank me for that," I commented, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'm surprised you managed to remember everything that went down last night."

"I can't really tolerate alcohol well. I didn't even have that much to drink but I already seemed like I'd downed five whole bottles."

"In that case you wouldn't be here right now," I stated whilst shaking my head. 

"Thanks for making breakfast as well, it really warmed my heart seeing everything you did for me," he confessed, looking down at his feet with a shy grin. "I came over right after eating but you weren't here - and then I noticed that your car wasn't in the driveway."

"I was at work, my bad," I said apologetically. "Would you like to stay over today?" 

"You wouldn't mind?" he questioned, tilting his head at me.

"Why would I?" I began with a laugh. "We've been staying over at each other's places for quite a while now. I think I've gotten used to it at this point."

"Honestly, going back to sleep alone would feel so weird now," he said with a sigh. "Also, how did you manage to cook so well?"

"I have no idea," I began with a shrug. "I guess your house might be blessed."

"It has me, of course it's blessed," he said with a proud grin. 

I let that comment slide with a simple eye-roll and offered him the bowl of popcorn which he gladly accepted. I then proceeded to cross my legs, an action which he mimicked, and draped the blanket over the both of us. 

Almost immediately, he scooted closer to the point where our shoulders were in contact and placed the bowl of popcorn onto his lap. 

Fuck, there they were again. Those fucking butterflies. 

Out of all the insects I'd come across in my life, the butterflies just about had to be the worst. Especially when they came in the form of emotions and feelings. Because the moment they made their grand entrance with that sickening feeling in your tummy along with those sparks of electricity every single moment you made contact with said individual you had even the tiniest crush on, you knew you were fucked. 

On the bright side though, at least he isn't being all awkward after the 'kiss'.

"You should keep your eye on the bowl," I suggested. "Some weird ass bug might crawl in there while you're not looking."

"I'll just kill it," he said with an indifferent shrug. 

"By eating it?" I snorted, already gagging at the thought. He responded with a barely audible hum and with a simple shrug before shuffling in his position to get a little more comfortable. 

"The stars outside remind me of something, you know?" he brought up suddenly.

"And that is?" I urged out of curiosity. 

Then, he looked over at me and with the cheekiest grin, he said, "Cockroaches."