PC │029

【A L V I N】

I barely got any time to respond to what Lucien had said before the game came to an abrupt end once Antonio had brought up the fact that Christmas was just round the corner.  However, I was still left thinking about his little confession. 

He said he'd date me. That's another win for the gays. 

I tried to play it off as something that didn't surprise me at all, when in reality, it sent me into overdrive. My emotions were all over the place and my heart was racing. I hadn't felt this way in so long that it worried me just a little - well, maybe more than a little. 

I still couldn't help but think; had I fallen for him too soon? I mean, it's not like I was in love with him or anything, but still. I'd only known him for a month and a few days. I'd expressed my concern on this topic to the rest of my friends but they kept bringing up the fact that each of them had fallen for their significant other only a second after meeting them which made me feel a little bit better.

"It's only a few days away," Margot stated with a heavy sigh. "I guess I've been so busy that I ended up forgetting."

"Busy with what?" I questioned with a raised brow. 

"Making sure that Gunther doesn't end up eating Ice King," she responded with a proud grin. 

Gunther was the name of her pet parrot, and Ice King was the name of her pet cat, mind you. They weren't actual beings - in the case that they were, this conversation would have taken a terrible turn. 

"Are you guys going to be flying back home for Christmas? To spend it with your family?" Lucien questioned. 

"My family is shit, so no," I admitted with a shrug. 

"My family doesn't approve of my current lifestyle, so I'm not going to be flying back either," Delilah said with a sigh. 

"The tickets cost too much for my rich ass, so I might just stay here," Antonio admitted. "With Rowan."

"I'm going to be driving back to my hometown," Margot admitted. "To meet my grandparents. They'd appreciate it if I visited."

"What about you?" I questioned, tilting my head at Lucien. 

"My moms said they think I should spend Christmas with you guys," he admitted innocently which warmed my heart. "They think I should try celebrating with friends for once."

"You told your moms about us?" I questioned, my heart beginning to feel all soft and mushy. "That's so adorable, I hope only good things though."

"Of course," he said with a chuckle. "They said they'd love to meet you guys. Especially you, Alvin."

"Oh they can meet him at your wedding it's fine," Antonio said with a cheeky grin. "I mean.. oops, autocorrect."

"Ant, stop being such a dumbass," Margot scoffed before clearing her throat. "Are the rest of you going to be spending Christmas together then?"

"I guess so," Delilah said with a nod. "At Lucien's place?"

"Sure, as long as you guys don't touch any of my bottles," he responded with a chuckle. "And we'll probably have to go look for a tree."

"I'll come with you," I offered before I could stop myself. "How many days do we have left?"

"It's the twenty-first right now, so there's only four days left," Lucien informed after checking the date on his phone. 

"It's already the twenty-first? Holy shit, I better start packing then," Margot said with a dramatic gasp. 

"Packing? How long are you planning to stay there for?" Delilah questioned, the sadness evident on her face. "Don't tell me you're going to be gone for a long time."

"Only two weeks, Del," she responded, poking Delilah's cheek with a fond expression on her face. "You don't have to worry. Anyway, you have Alfredo."

Antonio let out a quiet snort at the mention of Alfredo's name before clearing his throat to brush it off, "I believe we should head home now. It's getting late and I'm not fond of the bugs over here."

"Call pest control for God's sake," Rowan sighed. "This is getting out of hand."

"We've tried," Lucien interrupted with a distressed expression on his face. "It wasn't fruitful. Apparently there's an infestation elsewhere."

"I doubt anything could be worse than this," Delilah stated before standing up along with the rest of us. "Antonio, will you be driving us home again?"

"Of course," he grinned, taking his keys out of his pocket and beginning to make his way out the front door as the rest of us followed close behind. Once they'd the front, I pulled the door open and watched as the four of them sauntered out to the driveway after waving us goodbye whilst Lucien waited behind in my living room. I shut the door after having said my goodbyes and turned around before making my way over to the couch where Lucien was seated. 

"When do you want to go look for a Christmas tree?" I questioned, tilting my head at him. 

"Whenever you're free," he responded, looking over at me. "Maybe the day after tomorrow if that's okay with you?"

"That sounds fine to me," I nodded. "I do have a stash of Christmas decorations in the attic so I don't think there's a need to buy any."

"That's great," he replied before stretching out his limbs with an obnoxious yawn. "God, I'm so worn out."

"We should head to bed then," I suggested. "You can go right ahead and wait in the bedroom, I'll be right there after I'm done brushing my teeth."

"Alright," he said with a warm grin before standing up, ruffling my hair and walking away. 

Fuck, why did that make my heart skip a beat? 

I'd already come to terms with the fact that I had a tiny crush on Lucien, however I still wasn't used to the immense sparks of electricity that radiated throughout my entire body every single time we made even the slightest bit of contact. 

At this point I was beginning to doubt whether my feelings for him could be considered 'tiny' at all.