PC │035

【A L V I N】

After we'd finished decorating our trees, we came to a conclusion that Lucien and I had definitely outdone ourselves, and so had Rowan and Antonio. However, Delilah and Alfredo's tree took the cake - because they hadn't decorated it at all. Instead, they'd ended up sitting on the floor gushing over some glass frog ornaments they had found in Delilah's bag. And, in all honesty, I understand.

And after we'd finished binging on all the food there, we decided that it was time to give each other our presents. 

Rowan was more than delighted when they found out that they'd been gifted a pair of fuzzy socks by Delilah, a scented candle by Antonio, a gift card from Alfredo, a succulent from Lucien and a sweatshirt they'd been asking for from me. 

Delilah had been gifted a floral dress by Antonio and Rowan, a frog keychain from Alfredo, a fuzzy pink hoodie from Lucien and a tiara from me because I remembered how she'd often say that she wanted a tiara so she could truly 'feel like the princess that she was born to be'. Safe to say, she was more than happy as well. 

Antonio had received a pair of earphones from Alfredo, a new watch from Lucien because he'd apparently lost his last one, a handmade bracelet from Delilah, a necklace from Rowan and a sweatshirt from me. 

None of us really knew that Alfredo would be tagging along, but we'd still brought extra gifts along with us so he ended up getting a set of Hello Kitty stickers from Delilah, a face mask set from Rowan, a stuffed animal from Antonio, a set of earrings from me (which he seemed to really like, thankfully) and a hoodie from Lucien.

Now, coming to the most important character - me, duh. I'm just messing around.. unless? I ended up getting a mosquito bat from Antonio because he was sick of all the mosquitoes and moths flying around in my place, a set of nail polish from Rowan, a fake tattoo set from Delilah which I found adorable, a wristband from Alfredo and a custom made sweatshirt from Lucien which read 'I'm an old man who's scared of roaches'. Fun.

Now, coming to my 'potential husband', Lucien - don't tell him I called him that. He'd received one gift from all of us together - the bottle he'd been asking for. We'd initially decided on just one of us getting it for him, however, because it was so expensive, we agreed on paying for it together. Needless to say, he was more excited than I'd ever seen him be before and gave all of us the tightest hug ever. He nearly squished me to death, but not that I was complaining. He smelled quite nice. That's not creepy.. is it?

When nighttime finally came, the rest of them ended up falling asleep on the carpet in front of the couch. Perhaps they'd gotten tired from the seemingly endless conversation we'd been having about whether we'd dye our hair or not.

I'd been preparing myself to head to sleep on the couch as well, when Lucien suddenly woke me up saying, "There's one thing I have left to show you." And, of course it grasped my attention. So, despite how tired and on the verge of death I was, I ended up following him into God knows where. 

Finally, we ended up in the hallway of his home and he sauntered over to a drawer before pulling something out and holding it behind his back.

"What's that?" I questioned, trying my hardest not to fall asleep right there. 

"You look tired, you can just go to sleep," he suggested. 

"Is it important though?" I questioned. "I mean it must be, so that's alright with me. Go ahead."

"If you say so," he said with a grin before walking back over to me whilst still holding his hands behind his back. "Close your eyes for me."

Despite being confused as fuck, I obeyed and shut my eyes. Barely a second or two after, he instructed me to open my eyes once again - and I did just that. And when I saw him holding a fucking mistletoe above the both of us, I nearly dropped dead. 

"Lucien, what's this?" I questioned, suddenly wide awake. 

"It's a mistletoe, silly," he responded with a cheeky grin. "You know the rules, right?"

"Oh my God," I responded, my cheeks already beginning to heat up like a fucking microwave. This was not happening. There's no way in hell that this was actually happening. I was probably dreaming or something, but I know for a fact that this is not fucking real. 

I attempted to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and when I felt a rush of pain race up my arm, I knew it was real - but I still found myself unable to believe that. 

"Hey, don't overthink it," he assured. "It's alright if you don't want to. Consent is key."

And just like that, I took a deep breath, stepped forward, grabbed the material of his button-up, pulled him down and slammed my lips against his. Maybe I'd used a little too much force, because that ended up hurting my lips a bit. Not that I minded, though.

I instantly felt him smile into the kiss before he lowered his arm and wrapped both his arms around my waist instead, pulling me against his chest before backing me up against a wall. It was nothing sexual or intense or sloppy - it was slow and steady, which was driving me insane at the exact same pace. 

I was surprised I still had control over my mind at this point because if this had happened about a year or two prior, I'd already lose all capability to think. However, with his lips against mine and his hands on my body, I lost what little ability to think I had left and let my heart take control instead. 

Friends don't kiss like this.