🍬One: Big News 🌺🍀 Wizards 🍀🌺 Part One: 🍬

Oc= Vin

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

I'm working on my potions in the apprentice study within the castle. I can't help wondering where the heckums the other apprentice my age has gone to. He could be anywhere, but he's supposed to be here. Working on potions is his least favorite activity—right next to general chores—but it's to help us! Every magics user needs to at least understand the basics of potion brewing.

I think this to myself as I dip in one single drop of newts blood into the brew. I keep a steady hand over the glowing green liquid as I drip a few petals in. But then, typically, I'm interrupted.

*BAMM!!*

The door to the study is kicked in and busted down, at the foot of Douxie. I watch as I drop in too many pellets of newt's blood, and the compound starts violently bubbling. Uh oh...

"Well that can't be good..." I mutter.

And then!

*KABLOOOM!!*

I swipe my hand back and forth in front of my face, coughing. I feel the grime of smoke and ash on my skin and body now. I hate it. Growling under my breath, I turn to Douxie, with clenched fists.

He meets my gaze and gulps. But then, I can visibly see a thought cross his mind— and it's like what just happened has no significance.

"Doux!!" I shout

"Yes, yes, yes!! I get it! I know, kick my butt later! But right now I have BIG news!!"

"What? No! I don't wanna hear it! You're helping me clean up this atrocity!"

I gesture to the smoke and ashes on the walls. Big explosion = big mess. Obviously. I wipe my face, getting the grime out of my eyes. I grunt and go fetch the brooms. Tossing one to Douxie, I tell him to get to it and help me.

He grumbles something under his breath and starts sweeping the broken bits of glass on the ground.

"Look, can I at least tell you while we're cleaning up?" He requests,

I sigh, caving in.

"Fine. Go ahead," I nod, putting the brush against the wall.

It's the wall broom, after all.

I listen to what Douxie has to say.

"I just heard from Sir Lancelot, that there's going to be sign ups for a Knight-in-Shining-Armor contest!"

"What? When!" I blurt.

"Today! Actually, in about fifteen minutes, down in the fields behind the castle!"

"Really?! Why didn't you say so!"

"—Because you made me help clean up?—"

"This overrules cleaning! Come on!!"

I drop the broom and so does he. We both run out of the study and bolt out down the long corridors for the sign ups.

——

When we finally arrive, we find a very long... a very long line of people waiting here to sign up. Knights, guards, and all sorts of people who'd have an advantage over me. Normally, at least. They've probably had training in combat. But I have an advantage over them too. Merlin's intense strategy training for me. (And Doux whenever he decides to show up.)

I feel Douxie ruffle my hair, as he gestures out to the line.

"Bloomin greats! You're going to have quite the competition here, won't you?" He teases.

"Wait, you're not going to sign up with me?"

He shakes his head,

"Nope. This kind of crowd is more of a 'you' thing. Not a 'Douxie' thing. But hey, as far as I'm concerned, you'll do great!!"

A bellowing laugh erupts from a group in line beside us. We look over and see a big, muscular man laughing, staring directly at us.

"Um, something funny, sir?" I ask.

"Yeah! The fact that you—a tiny little handmaiden — is going to sign up for the Knight-In-Shining-Armor contests!! Bahahaha!!"

A second man turns to me with a look of pity as the first continue to laugh.

"Little girl, you DO realize that these are THE most INTENSE games in all of Camelot, don't you?"

I frown, placing my hands on my hips,

"Yes, I'm quite aware."

"And yet you think it's actually a good idea to compete?"

"Absolutely."

The first man of mocking laughter places his hand on the second's shoulder for balance.

"Hahaha! She's insane!!"

"No, she's not." All eyes fall onto Douxie.

And he looks PISSED.

Oh boy.

"You think your girlfriend can make it in these games? Well, what kind of a man are you? Pitiful!!"

"I don't think she'll be in any danger, actually. You sirs just underestimate her because of vanity and appearances."

"Is that so, boy?" Bellows the first,

Douxie places an arm around me and smirks confidently.

"Absolutely. Just you see. She'll do just great."

"Humph! All right, but don't say we didn't warn you kids."

"Actually, I'm 18. Not a kid." I snip with a smile.

The men proceed down the line. I turn to Doux and smile genuinely.

"Thanks for that."

"Anytime, dove. Now,"

He ruffles my hair some more,

"Go give em' hell."

———————-

End part one: ( •̀ .̫ •́ )✧