🌠Dimensional War-- Douxie X OC --(PART ONE)🌠

Dimensional War-- Douxie X OC --(PART ONE) _______________________________________

"You again?"

I groan, pushing myself back from him.

"Lizzy! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!"

"Hisirdoux, why are you here?"

"I just said. I was looking for you."

"Yeah, but WHY?"

"I need your help! Quickly, we must go!"

He reaches for my hand, but I draw back further.

"Casperan, you better explain what's going on."

"Ok. Fine then."

He folds his hands together smoothly, taking in a breath.

"I may or may not have accidentally shattered a hole into another dimension and released a great and ancient dragon that is Dracono." He smiles awkwardly at the end.

"You... WHAT?"

I grab him by the ear, pulling him down to my height.

"You idiot!!"

"Ow, ow, ow!!"

I yank harder, "Why were you even fiddling about with dimensional tools?!"

"I-I wasn't!!"

"Do not lie to me, Casperan! I know the only way to open another dimension is with dimensional tools!!"

"Ow! Okay, okay, you got me!!"

I let him go, pushing him back slightly. I cross my arms and stare at the ground.

"We need your help!" Douxie exclaims, rubbing his ear.

"I'm sorry, 'we'?"

"Yes! The Guardians of Arcadia and myself!!"

I put my hand to my forehead. "Oh great."

Not only did he drag a great wicked dragon into our world, but he also expects me to jump in with him and the Guardians? He's a loon!! I groan, draping my hand down my face.

"It's not like I have much of a choice, no do I? Refusing to help would just determine the destruction of our world. Wonderful."

I give a harsh breath,

"But I live in this world, so I should probably--- really help protect it."

I turn to Douxie and scowl.

"Fine. I will help you fix your mistake."

"Oh, thank you!"

"Don't thank me just yet. Since I have some history with dimensional beasts, I might just help turn the tides in the war to come."

"Wait, what do you mean by 'the war to come', Lizzy?"

"I'll explain later. For now, we need to round up everyone and fill them in." I mark.

"Right. Of course. Whatever you say."

I motion for the door and we leave the building.

>>>>

(Time Skip)

>>>>

With everyone now gathered around a round table pinned by a map, I can now explain the details of what's to come.

I look down at the map of the modern world and my whole-body tenses. I lay my hands flat down on the table and sigh.

"If Dracono is being unleashed from his prison in the void's ends, then we have a war coming for us. A truly nasty war that will be filled by bloodshed. It's only a matter of time before he starts to send his minion imps for Arcadia."

"Wait... Ok so I get that some guy named 'Dracono' is going to come for us—but can someone explain to me who this guy actually is?" Toby requests.

"Dracono is no man. He is an ancient dragon from the beginnings of the world. He was once a great beast, who mended the cracks in the broken dimension gates. This was a time when all dimensions were bridged together."

"What happened to that? The open dimensions, I mean." Claire brushes.

"They became too much for Dracono to handle. He thought over time that since he fixed the broken ones, he should be in charge of their fates. If they were full of good destinies, he'd fix them. If not... he'd burn them to ashes."

I turn away from the table.

"The protectors of the distant worlds joined together in the end and banished Dracono to the ends of the Void. For the past many thousands of years, he's been locked away in his prison and the worlds have been safe."

"Forgive me for asking... but how do you know all this?"

I whirl around and smirk.

"What? You don't think I'm just your average 19-year-old, do you?"

"You're not even 19, Lizz'." Douxie chuckles.

"Wait, she's not 19?" Steve asks.

"Not technically. I mean, I'm the same age as Douxie—plus a few months."

"Heh."

"Wait... You mean to say that you're 119 too?" Claire sparks.

"Yep." I pop.

"Whaaaaaaa?" Toby gasps.

I hug my arms around my body and shiver.

"We need to prepare for the coming war." Notes Jim.

"I agree."

"As do I."

With everyone's agreeing, we all start to head to the armory for repairs and the creation of weapons.

But then, the alarming sound of a whisper lays over the fort.

"It's so wonderful to be back...!"

"What was that?" Douxie asks, snapping his head around to the window.

We all rush to see the view of the town, spotting a heavy fog brushing over Arcadia.

"Well that can't be good." Toby mumbles.

Red eyes seep through the fog and stare right back at us. I recognize that kind of gaze.

"Imps!!" I shout.

"Everyone! Get ready for a fight!!" Jim meddles.

"And whatever you do!! DON'T give into fear in the presence of an imp!!"

We all rush to grab our weapons as the sound of laughing titters all around us. This is not going to end well...

I whip around and reach for my weapon. I grab it from its place against the wall and lean the maul against my shoulder. A bit heavy, but I'm used to it. "Everyone! We need to get outside!!"

"Why?" Toby puzzles.

"Do YOU want to wreck the war room while tripping over each other?"

"Outside we go!!"

We all run into the hall out to the courtyard, making it outside. The fog starts to pour over the fort walls, leaking into the defenses. And with the fog comes the imps.

"Here they come!!" I holler.

I find myself back-to-back with Douxie, our weapons ready and guards up high.

"SHOW NO FEAR!!" Toby screams.

And then...

They leap out of the haze and attack. I swing my maul and crush one down. One... out of many more to come.

________________________________________
End Part One