🌩Douxie X Oc🌌 Part One 🌌 The Storm and the Fawn🌩

Oc= Vin

'''''''''''''''''

As the sun sets on the horizon, Douxie and I set up the candles on the ground in a circle shape around the field. The tan wax melting down the side after I light the stem with a match. Thankfully, there's not a drip or even a sign of wind passing through here—which means that this spell will be easier to cast.

--- Ever since Merlin said that Douxie and I need to form a stronger bridge between the both of us, we've been practically running around with our heads cut off to try and figure out what he means. Does he mean physically? Mentally? In trust? Loyalty? Our honesty? Communication? How kindly we treat each other? There's SO many things he could've meant!

So we made a list.

Douxie and I have improved our communication skills, our trust—which we work on every day. And our Opinions of each other have vastly improved. But when we reported all of this to Merlin, he looked at us both through some sort of a round glass and shook his head.

"Nope!" He said, "Still not bonded by a strong enough bridge!"

And it's really getting on my nerves with all this cryptic bull-crap.

I sigh aloud, which catches Doux's attention. He places the second to last candle down in its spot and stands tall, coming over to me.

"Something wrong, Vin?" He buzzes.

I cross my arms around my chest and slouch in posture a tad. I feel his body close to mine and step a small pace away.

"I'm fine. It's just the fact that we're down towards the bottom of the list, and so far everything's been unacceptable for the great wizard!" I kick my feet through the grass and dirt, irritated.

Douxie rests and calm hand on my shoulder and I look up into his amazing eyes. His light copper felt eyes. They quickly set me to a calmer state. I let out a frustrated breath.

"I wish I knew what he meant."

"Yeah. Me too. He can be so ... brief!"

I laugh, nodding my head. Douxie gives a victorious smirk, having now made me laugh. I playfully roll my eyes and he goes back to the last spot with the final candle. I kneel down to the last three of them, light them, and finally join Doux in the center of the circle. He holds out his hands for me to take and I do so. Placing my hands into his firm ones allows for Douxie to begin the spell.

He clears his throat, "Fortitudo duobus vinculis copulare---" The sky grows a tad darker, being filled by gray clouds. A rumble of thunder sounds off in the distance.

Looking up at the sky, Douxie still goes on,

"Pro stabili ponte, quasi unus propinquius..."

The rumble of thunder gets louder and louder, and a streak of light flashes across the sky. I gulp as a big flash strikes across overhead.

Douxie looks into my eyes nervously. I know exactly what he's thinking, too.

'Is this a good idea?'

I nod to him, wearing a stern face.

He returns the motion and finishes it.

"Perducamur."

A massive amount of light blooms overhead-- quickly matched by a bellowing roar of quaking thunder. Suddenly, a rod of illumination zips down from the sky and straight down for us.

"Look out!!"

Douxie pushes me to the ground, his body weighing over me protectively. I grunt on the impact, waiting for the electricity to buzz us alive... But instead only a warm and fuzzy feeling touches my nerves. I open my eyes and see Douxie looking back over his shoulder at something. Something I can't see due to his body on top of me. I lean over and peek around him.... And what I see is absolutely unbelievable. A figure of light, resembling an animal. A fawn, to be precise.

"What the...?" I gasp.

I tap Doux's chest with my fist to get his attention. He hums in response but doesn't look away from the fawn.

"Up. On your feet." I say smoothly.

He nods and climbs to his stance, afterwards helping me onto my own balance. We turn our attention to the fawn again, and see it bow its head in our direction.

"What.. is this?" I mutter, as if he might know.

"Not... not sure."

As expected.

But that aside, it's beautiful. The fawn does a little trot in place before another big bellowing crack comes from above. I tug Douxie a couple of paces back and get him out of the way. Right in time, too, as a second bolt of lightning strikes the earth. I cover my eyes and he's at least paying enough attention to do the same. By the time the light clears, the fawn is gone—singed grass in the place where it stood.

I look up at Doux and meet the same expression on his face that I have. Pure. Wonder. Pure. Curiosity.

"Was that supposed to happen?" I ask,

Douxie shakes his head and rubs the nape of his neck.

"Actually, all that was supposed to happen was a short mind reading spell for us to look into each other's heads. Not this, though."

"Maaaybe we should go tell the 'Great Wizard' what just happened?" I suggest.

...

He nods, as to agree. "Yes. Let's do that."

-----------

End Part One ;>