❤❤Amnesia --- Part One --- Douxie X OC❤❤

I run my hand over the wall of ruins symbols that are carved into the wall. I... they look so important.

"Well? Do they help you remember anything?" Douxie asks.

Keeping my hand on the wall, I look back at him and shake my head.

"I'm sorry. I don't recognize any of this." I shudder.

Merlin sighs.

Douxie comes to my aid. I drop my hand down to my side. He rests his hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring nod.

"Don't worry. We'll figure out how to get you your memories back. I promise, love."

Archie flies overhead around the big room, examining the ruin symbols up higher on the walls. Douxie pats me on the head, messing up my hair a bit. I chuckle, moving his hand off my head.

Douxie smiles and takes my hand, kissing over my knuckles.

My heart quickens and my face turns a bright blush red. I know he's supposed to be my boyfriend... But it's hard to keep myself from being flustered when I actually have no recollection of that. So right now, with my useless blank mind, it's hard. I mean, a cute, charming, and sly wizard flirting with me and I know I'm supposed to know him but don't remember? And then he goes and kisses my knuckles?

It's enough to mix up emotions over and over.

But yeah. I lost my memories. All I remember is that I was in a room, and then a bright ass light blinded me, and I passed out. When I woke up, I was surrounded by these guys--- Merlin, Archie, and ... Douxie. Douxie was the most worried about me. But I freaked out because I didn't remember him, which only freaked him out more. I can tell that he's worried for me. I feel bad about it too.

I've been a blank slate for the past four days. I hate being an amnesiac. It drives me crazy. I don't know anything, or anyone, and fricking everything almost looks familiar. It. Sucks.

I sigh and look to Merlin.

"What now?" I ask.

"Since nothing here is rejogging your memory, I suppose we should begin back to the tower. Try retracing our steps and thinking of ways to find your memories."

"Yes, master." Douxie nods.

Archie comes flying down, before landing on Douxie's shoulder. He looks over at me with a sad gaze.

"What's wrong?" I hum softly.

"It's nothing of too much importance. Just that... Today's Wednesday. A day where we used to always do something traditionally."

"What is it we do?"

I'm curious.

"Well, it's usually a game of jesters in the quarters. Or we might sometimes go out to the tallest tower and watch the sun set down behind the horizon. Just something we do to spend time together as a... family."

"Yeah. We always did a game of Jesters because it was your favorite." Douxie notes, his tone low and slippery with sorrow.

"Well, I think that's a great idea." I nudge them.

"You do?"

"It sounds fun! You'll have to remind me how to play 'Jesters' because – well obviously—I don't remember. But that sounds fun!"

We start out of the cabin and into the woods. A dim blue sky feels over us as we walk back to Camelot. I think of other things we can grab on the way back.

"Do we bring snacks to the Wednesday thing?" I muse.

Archie laughs, "Always."

"Then hey, why don't we grab some on the way back? We can take a detour thru the market and grab whatever we like!"

Douxie looks at me, beaming with happiness.

"That's a great idea, love."

My face turns pink again—it happens every time he calls me his love. Not that I mind though.

Hehe... Heh... Ha.....

*Ahem*

I look down at Douxie's hand as we follow behind Merlin through the woods and can't help but feel the urge to grab it.

"Hey, um, Douxie?"

"Yes, um, love?"

"This is gonna be a dumb question, but... Can I hold your hand?"

His eyes widen.

"S-sorry. I don't mean to make things awkward."

He chuckles and slips his hand into mine, giving me a gaze of complete admiration.

"You don't need to ask that--- my answer will always be 'yes'."

His gaze... Makes me feel gooey and soft inside. Like melting away into his arms.

Wait what am I saying?! I don't even remember him!

... But I want to. Very much, so badly I want to remember. Not just him either.

I want to remember Archie, and Merlin, and that scary lady at the castle—Morgana—all of them I want to recall things with. Good and bad.

I sigh, as Douxie intertwines our fingers together. We keep walking for Camelot.

>>>>

When we finally make it back withing Camelot's walls, Merlin splits from the group to return to his tower-study, to try and find a way to help me. Archie, Douxie and myself – however—head for the market for some snacks. We end up buying candies, and small meats in packets, and loafs of bread and so much more that by the time we hit our allowance, our arms are full!

Food is great!!

And yes, once we're done, we return to our quarters to enjoy Wednesday in each other's company.

>>>> 

End Part One :>