🌏Saving the World🌍 --Douxie X OC-- Part one

🌍🌎🌏Saving the World🌍🌎🌏 --Douxie X OC--

--------------------------------------- Part One --------------------------------------------------

The lot of us trudge through the icy terrain, freezing cold wind at our backs, being ankle-deep in snow. Our bodies are shivering and cold to the touch, but we're almost there. Almost... there.

Hi. My name is Emmett. I am the great wizard-ess of Crysto magics and Vibra magics.

'Pfft. Yeah right.'

And I am really fortunate enough to have a connection and be able to study under the guide of Merlin. (Even if he is a big jerk sometimes.) But this? This environment is dreadful! I never signed up for any quests to go on for world saving! This is ridiculous. And I'm freezing my butt off!

I feel a few shivers run through me as we reach the top of the hills. A great view this would be... IF everything weren't LAYERED IN ICE!

I. Hate. The. Cold.

If it wasn't already clear, myself and the rest of the team of people I know are on a quest to 'save the world'. What a load of bull, if you ask me. I mean, our enemies are on their way to resurrecting a great and vicious BEAST that wants to slay the world! What hopes do we have in finding this lady's tomb? How powerful could a human have really been?

Not that powerful, in my opinion.

I feel a great bonk on the back of my head, and fumble forward. My feet snag in the snow and I go down-- face first. Looking up behind me I see that it was Merlin who hit me upside the head.... With his staff.

I growl under my breath and glare at him.

"What the bucket was that for, old man?!" I snip.

"You were doubting our opportunity to prevent the end of the world. Again."

"Yeah? Well that's no reason to hit me on the head!!"

Hisirdoux sighs and helps me up off the cold ground.

"You have to try and keep hope that this will work, Emm'."

"It will work." Merlin grumbles.

"Whatever you say..."

"Are you asking to get bonked again?"

I huff a breath.

"No, master Merlin."

"Then I suggest you keep that loud mouth of yours shut."

I sigh and follow Merlin through the trees. We come up to a large bank of ground. But the ground --- big surprise-- is all ice. For as far as the eye can see, too. I shrug my shoulders and turn around to head home.

"Welp, guess it was all for not! Let's go home~."

Archie flies in front of me and scowls. I huff and hold my arms out on either side.

"Oh gimme a break! What do you say we do from here on?!"

"Isn't it obvious?" Bids Merlin, "We cross the ice."

I look at him and laugh.

"Oh that's funny."

"How so?"

"You actually... hah, you expect me to walk out on that thin ass ice!?"

"Uh, language, Emmett." Archie scolds.

I shoot him an angry glance.

"It shouldn't be... thin." Merlin pokes the ice with the butt of his staff. It only dents.