1 Separated

Violet POV

"Very lovely Indeed,"  Quigley said, not looking at the landscape I had just pointed out, but at me. We leaned inclosed and closer to each, to a point where our faces were inches apart, finally, Quigley closed the gap and kissed me.

I sighed at the memory, for it had been a day since I was separated from Quigley Quagmire at the Stricken Stream. I know he's safe for Quigley is very resourceful. Right now I am on the Queegeg submarine with my siblings, Captain Widdershins, and his step-daughter, Fiona, whom I don't quite trust. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name, "And of course we'll need to find a husband for Violet as well!" Captain Widdershins exclaimed I had no idea what the conversation was, nor who long I was deep in thought, still, "Quigley is the only person I could ever dream of marrying," then it hit me that I had said that out loud, "did I just-"

"Yes Violet you have made your crush on Quigley known," Klaus responded

"Tell me more about this Quigley fellow," Captain Widdershins requested.

"Well, he's incredibly charming, very handsome, he has a love for cartography, and overall he's very lovely, very lovely indeed-"

"Hold up, how do you know so much about him?" Klaus interrupted with an interrogation, I don't want him to know we kissed, then he'll become overprotective. "We got to know each other during our time on the waterfall," I responded. I looked over at Sunny, who looked very tired, so I excused myself to put her down for a nap. I closed my eyes for a second, and when they opened I was in a real bed with Quigley next to me, "Violet, my love, it's time to wake up," my love??? I swear if this is a dream I will be incredibly depressed. I was no longer in sailors uniform, but in a light pink dress with a white collar, "How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"Not very long, a couple of hours," Quigley responded, "too bad I didn't get to use my other way of waking you up,"

"Which is?" I asked Quigley, he pressed his lips against mine.

"Let's get to the living room before everyone gets suspicious,"

"Agreed,"

"VIOLET, WAKE UP," I heard Klaus's voice scream, I closed my eyes, and when I opened them I was back on the submarine, I knew it was too good to be true! "I'm up!" I exclaimed.

"You were sleep talking,"

"Of course I was, what did I say?"

"Quigley, Quigley, Quigley, frozen waterfall, Quigley, very lovely indeed, Quigley, frozen waterfall," Klaus mimicked, "I would ask what really happened on the frozen waterfall, but we don't have time. Count Olaf and Esme are making us retrieve the Sugar Bowl for them,"

"Count Olaf and Esme?"

"We don't have time for me to explain,"

—————

Quigley POV

I climbed up the stairs to get to the surface, I can't stop thinking about Violet and our kiss on Mount Fraught. The telegraph machine beeped, and a slip of paper came up, it was probably Kit asking if I have the sugar bowl. I took the paper, it wasn't Kit, it was two people to be exact.

Quigleforth,

We just heard from a woman at VFD that you are alive, she gave us your location. We are excited to see you at the Last Safe Place tomorrow evening, oh and by the way, we're going to the Last Safe Place tomorrow evening. We also heard you met the Baudelaires, what do you think of them?

Please respond soon,

Isadora and Duncan

They really had to go there with the Quigleforth nonsense?

Isadora and Duncan,

First of all, my name is Quigley, second of all, I am excited to see you guys as well. And yes I met the Baudelaires, however, I was separated from them. Luckily, they'll be at the Last Safe Place as well. Issy, Klaus has the biggest crush on you. Overall, I think the Baudelaires are lovely, very lovely indeed.

-Quigley

I heard voices coming from the Grotto below. "Is anyone up there?" I heard Violet's voice ask, my heart skipped a beat, Violet's here! I ran to the edge of the stairs. "VIOLET!" I exclaimed

"QUIGLEY!" She exclaimed, her Klaus and Sunny were in diving suits. Violet looked exhausted, she started climbing up the stairs, "Violet come down," Klaus commended, she hopped over the side of the stairs. "Violet, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Quigley the mushrooms are dangerous, you have to go-"

"NO! Not without you!" I hardly ever cry, but tears were streaming down my face, I could see she was crying too, "Quigley, close the door, I will see at the Last Safe Place,"

"NO, NO,"

"Quigley, please," I gave up and shut the door, I can't believe what just happened. I looked in the Sugar Bowl to see what was so argued over, I can't believe it, that what started the schism. The telegraph machine beeped once more.

Quigley,

Issy has the biggest crush on Klaus, they are perfect for each other, don't you agree? How are the other Baudelaires, can Sunny talk in understandable sentences? And what did you think of Violet?

-Duncan

Before I responded back to him I have a couple of telegraphs to send.

Kit,

The sugar bowl is safe. The Baudelaires are in danger.

Quigley Quagmire

Dearest Violet,

I hope you are safe, I am sad to be separated from you once more. I can't stop thinking about what happened on the frozen waterfall. I know we have only known each other for a short while, but I cannot deny my feelings, I would like to know if you'd be my girlfriend?

Q. Q.

Violet POV

Thank goodness Sunny is cured but now Count Olaf is on our submarine. "Oh this is precious," Esme said, coming out of the library with a telegraph. "What is it?" Count Olaf asked.

"Violet dear, has a boyfriend,"

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused

"Here let me read it at loud. Dearest Violet, I hope you are safe, I am sad to be separated from you once more. I can't stop thinking about what happened on the frozen waterfall. I know we have only known each other a short while, but I cannot deny my feelings, I would like to know if you'd be my girlfriend. It's signed Q.Q." Esme read, if this is real, it is the best birthday present in the world. "There is only one person I know with the initials Q.Q., Quigleforth Quagmire," I blushed a little at the mention of his name, "oh, so I'm right, now what happened on the frozen waterfall?"

Noth-,"

"Don't lie to me,"

"Fine, we kissed,"

"The cake sniffers are in love, the cake sniffers are in love," Carmilta teased.

"Violet you kissed Quigley?" Klaus asked, a little disgusted.

"Well if you want to get technical, Klaus, Quigley kissed me," I responded.

---------

Fiona just let us go, we're going to Briny Beach at full speed. "Hey Klaus, can you take over for a minute?"

"Why? Are you going to go telegram, Quigley?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I'm about to do,"

My Dearest Quigley,

I cannot seem to stop replaying the frozen waterfall over in my head. Yes we have only known each other for a couple of days, yes we are moving fast, and yes we are young. But to me none that matters, the only thing that matters to me right now, besides my siblings, is you. Of course, I will be your girlfriend! I will see you soon.

-Violet