3 Old Friends, Older Enemies

Last Night in room 811

"Seriously Duncan, what did I do to you?"

"Don't you know?" Quigley shook his head, "you took Violet,"

"What?" Quigley asked, "Klaus, can you please fill me in?"

"Of course, Duncan carved his and Violet's initials into a red herring-"

"A red herring send mixed signals, Duncan,"

"She had some feelings for me, didn't she Klaus?"

"The feelings between Violett and Duncan were unrequited," Klaus responded

"Take that Quigley," Duncan said.

"Duncan, unrequited means one-sided," Quigley pointed out.

"Do you even like Violet, or are you doing that thing to show everyone how much better you are than me?"

"Excuse me, do I like Violet? Do I like Violet? Klaus, what did you walk in on earlier?"

"I'd rather Sunny didn't hear-"

"I close my ears," Sunny said covering her ears.

"I'm trying to erase it from my mind, I don't want to see that picture again,"

"What were they doing?" Duncan asked, a little frustrated.

"Fine, hey declared their love for each other and made out,"

"You don't even know her!" Duncan exclaimed

"I don't need to know every single thing about her to know my love is real,"

"Klaus ask him something about Violet," Duncan commended.

"Well, what's her favorite flower? And Duncan, you should answer as well,"

"A violet," Duncan responded like it should be obvious. Quigley remembered the conversation he had with Violet climbing up and down the frozen waterfall, to take their minds off the height, "Her favorite flower is a peony," Quigley responded.

"Correct, Quigley. How old is she?"

"Fourteen," Duncan answered. Quigley thought for a second because he'd remembered Violet saying something about her birthday, "Oh God, I totally forgot, she's fifteen as of today,"

"Correct again Quigley, don't worry though, just tell her the girlfriend thing was your way of saying happy birthday. I'm sorry guys, but Sunny needs to get to bed, goodnight," Klaus picked up Sunny and left the room. "I still don't think you like Violet,"

"You know what Duncan? You're right! I don't like her at all not even a little bit. I love her, I love her with all of my heart and soul, even though we have only known each other for three days! We have love at first sight,"

________

This morning

Isa and Duncan woke up to their alarm, and by seven-thirty, they were ready. "Let's go check on the others," Isadora said to her brother, "who should we go to first?"

"Isn't the Baudelaires' room right here?"

"Well, Sunny's and Klaus's is right here, Violet and Quigley are on the third floor," As Isadora explained that to Duncan, Klaus and Sunny came out of their room and spotted the two triplets in the hallway.

It was decided that Isadora would go and make sure the couple was ready, while Duncan, Klaus, and Sunny went to the area Kit told them to meet at. Isadora knocked on the door of room 329, Quigley answered it, "Come in, little sister,"