Chapter 24

Kai's POV

"How much further is this temple again? My feet are killing me," I groan, shaking out my feet as I walk.

"Approximately 2.6 miles. We have already completed a dense portion of our journey," Zane answers. Lloyd and I both groan.

"And we're positive Jay isn't waiting for us at the meet up spot?" Cole checks. Zane nods.

"My falcon is waiting for them there. Neither Jay nor Nya has even came close to it. It seems they failed to get a gemstone," Zane explains to us.

"That's what we get for giving Jay the important job," I grumble, crossing my arms. Cole elbows me in the side, hard. "Ouch!"

"We're a team. Whether or not it was Jay's fault doesn't matter. It just means we're going to plan b, which we were prepared for," Cole scolds me.

"Okay, but theoretically, if we were to not do Jay's plan, the battle would be five versus five. Now, its five versus four," I say realistically.

"Actually, if we were to encounter the girls, it would actually be four versus six, considering Jay and Nya are on our team," Zane corrects me.

"We still don't know if Nya is with us. We can't just assume that she is, or else it might end in disaster," Lloyd warns. "Remember that time we trusted my dad, and he stole the golden weapons?"

"Yeah, but what did we really expect? He was Lord Garmadon after all," Cole counters.

"All I'm saying is we can't trust her, even if Jay believes she's with us," Lloyd sticks his hands out in front of him.

"And why is that?" I cross my arms, ready to defend my sister.

"You couldn't tell by the way he was talking about her?" Cole asks, amused. Even Zane seems to understand.

"I don't get it."

"Kai, Jay obviously likes Nya. Like, he like likes her," Lloyd tells me. I shake my head.

"Nah, he just pretends to to screw with me," I brush it off, continuing to walk.

"Maybe he used to, but not anymore," Cole says matter of factly.

"And what makes you so sure of that?"

"Well, when I got him for our little meeting at the banquet, he was with Nya. He was holding her hand, and they were giving each other this look. He hasn't looked at anyone anywhere near that way since the whole Miriam thing," Cole explains.

"And you let him go back in after that?" Lloyd asks him. "Like I kind of suspected it, but you pretty much knew it."

"I only let him because I think she likes him too, and I think he'll be able to exploit that, whether he realizes it or not," Cole says with confidence. I choke on air.

"No way, my sister does not have a crush on Jay," I deny it.

"You didn't see the way she was looking at him. She was so captivated. It made me really confused at first, since I thought she was just trying to play a trick on him at first since he's gullible. I didn't know how someone could fake that intense of a look though. However, when Jay said he thought he could convince her to join us, it all clicked," he explains. "Besides, you can't blame him when you're attracted to Skylor."

"Am not," I deny it, crossing my arms.

"How else would she have distracted you with her 'amber eyes', 'long eyelashes', and 'pink lips'?"

"I never said that!"

"You indeed did. It is in my database," Zane backs Cole up.

"See, you can't blame Jay cause you totally have the hots for one of them."