1 | blind date.

You were beginning to wonder if you'd been stood up.

Mia's Diner was usually busy, bustling with students and townspeople alike, but today it was nearly deserted: just you, two students studying in a booth across the room, and an old man reading what seemed to be a newspaper upside-down in the corner. A lone waitress was stacking clean milkshake glasses behind the counter.

It was raining hard outside, the drops sounding like impatient fingers tapping at the window beside you. As you peered through the glass, you caught a glimpse of a boy on a rusty bike, waiting to cross the street. Yang Jeongin, you recognized – the delivery boy. A silver Walkman was tucked into the back pocket of his jeans, his lips mouthing the words to a song, a halo of dripping blonde hair sticking out from underneath his hood. He was smiling, despite the fact that it was pouring buckets, and he'd likely been up doing deliveries since 6 in the morning. Yang Jeongin was always smiling.

The light flashed red, traffic halted, and the delivery boy sped away.

Turning your attention back to the empty seat in front of you, you sighed.

Your date was thirty minutes late.

Your mind was running over all the ways you were going to give Felix hell when you saw him in class tomorrow; how you were going to explain to him that you'd been stood up on the blind date he'd arranged for you.

"You know what they call me? The Matchmaker of Miroh Heights. Has a nice ring to it, huh?"

You'd groaned as your best friend wiggled his eyebrows. Felix loved playing wingman. As the school photographer and a talented journalism major, he was the one who came up with the "Cutest Couples" section in the campus newspaper – photoshoots and candid shots of pairings, most of which he'd set up. Still, you'd never thought that his...work...would extend to you.

It had been a while since you'd entertained the notion of love. You'd had your fair share of unrequited crushes and relationships that had not-so-pleasant endings, so the moment you'd enrolled into college and the workload had swept up your entire schedule, you'd left love on the backburner. You kept telling yourself that the right person would come at the right time – but Felix seemed to have other ideas.

"Let's see...Hyojong? Ah, no, I forgot – he's taken by that pretty senior. Lucky bastard." He huffed. "Or...Seungcheol? Nah, doesn't seem your type. Ah!" He snapped his fingers, making you jump. "I know!"

"Felix, for the last damn time – I don't need a boyfriend right now."

"Just one date? Please?" The blond boy hung up the last photo, a mischievous glint in his eyes visible even in the dark room. "I know a great guy – health sciences major and everything. You two are practically made for each other."

"I'm a psychology major, 'Lix. I don't know – you know I'm no good at blind dates–" you caught sight of his puppy-dog expression, and sighed in defeat. "Fine! Fine. What's his name, then?"

The school journalist flashed an impish grin. "Han Jisung."

Han Jisung.

He was the reason why you were here, sat in a near-empty diner on a rainy Sunday afternoon, waiting for a date to show up while a pile of psychology coursework waited for you back at home.

Maybe he couldn't make it, you told yourself – it was pouring buckets outside. Maybe it was better to swallow your hopes and head back. Biting your lip, you pulled out your phone, tapping on Jisung's contact (courtesy of Felix) and typing.