2 | up in flames.

Jisung felt like he was burning up.

It was drizzling again, dark clouds knitting together in the evening sky, but he barely felt the drops hitting his skin. He was too focused on the feeling eating away at his gut as he wandered the streets, the sun sinking lower and lower in the horizon.

Warmth.

That was the only way he could describe what he felt: a warm feeling deep in his chest equal parts foreign and familiar, and it drove him insane.

Jisung's head was pounding. Felix's voice rang in his ears like a broken record, making him wince.

"Hey, 'sung, you're single right? I think I know a girl who'd be perfect for you." Cue that signature, greasy Felix wink. "You free this Sunday, bro?"

Why had he agreed? Sure, it wasn't like he was bad at relationships – he knew all the sweet talk, smooth lies; they came almost naturally to him. He always knew what to say. What people liked to hear. But he had never wanted to keep them around for long.

Until you.

The words to decline Felix's offer had been already forming on Jisung's tongue, but they had disintegrated as soon as Felix had pulled up pictures of you on his phone. Because the moment he saw the warmth in your smile, that light in your eyes, Jisung felt his mouth go dry. And when he first laid eyes on you in Mia's Diner, it happened all over again.

Why? What were you doing to him?

Jisung reached up to touch his hair, running his fingers through it; water droplets shook from the locks and fell in his eyes. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get you out of his head. The way your cheeks glowed pink when you'd ruffled his hair, the warmth of your hand brushing his skin as you pulled away shyly.

Everything about you felt so damn familiar.

A sudden, sharp throbbing in his head sent Jisung doubling over, hands flying out and slapping against a brick wall. Not good. His skull was splitting, his vision blurring a thick, hazy red as images flashed through his mind.

The warmth. A gentle touch. Laughter. Screaming. A cold body bleeding out at his feet–

He stumbled blindly, wandering the streets. The ground was spinning, his head was pounding, red clouding his peripheral vision. There was no way he was remembering now. All the memories, the nightmares, the thoughts, he had to burn them, rip them to pieces, stop–

"Are you okay?"

A hand shot out to grip his arm tightly, jarring him back to reality. His pupils wavered, focusing on a woman standing in front of him. She had been smoking, a silver Zippo lighter in her other hand. A red cashmere coat was draped over her lean frame, a smear of bright red lipstick coating her lips and staining the cigarette. She smiled at him – simpered, really – when he whipped around, staring into her eyes.

She raised an eyebrow, taken aback. "My, aren't you handsome?" Pocketing her lighter and flicking away the cigarette, she leaned in closer. Her long coat slipped slightly off her shoulders, revealing nothing but bare skin and lingerie underneath. "Say, would you like spend the night with me, sweetheart? You can touch me, too," she purred. She smelled strongly of expired perfume. "I'll make you feel real good."

Jisung glanced at his surroundings. He had wandered off campus, he realised hazily. On the outskirts of Miroh Heights University was an area – almost like a red-light district – overrun with clubs, arcades and casinos; every student's go-to party destination. But if you wandered deep enough, it was also littered with brothels, slums, and drug dens. He looked at the woman. So she was a prostitute, he thought. He must have looked drunk as shit, then; an easy client.