four

As soon as the kid woke up and visited her mother, I decided to go back in the mansion. After all, today was my first day at work. I didn't want to come unprepared and to disappoint Woozi.

And then there was a familiar figure coming down the stairs. I smiled widely and excitedly ran to her.

"Xai!" I caught her hands and held it. She got thinner. "How are you? You don't look like that you're taking care of yourself. Do you want me to cook for you? Are you not used on Korean cuisine?" I frowned and brushed her coat.

If there was one thing that I was good at, maybe, it was to care for Xai. I've been following her shadows since we were young. My parents were expecting me to get in the same level. But Xai was naturally born smart and beautiful, I could never be like her.

Yet, I never heard from Xai that I was being useless to her. She's contented on what I could only offer a service to her while she done all the works in our drug pharmaceutical.

"How can you face me like nothing happened?" There was pain in every words.

Of course, why did I think that she's okay?

After that tradition, Xai and I haven't got a moment to talk to each other.

"Xai....I-" I wanted to hold her but she swatted my hands. She was suppressing her tears.

"Don't think that I can forgive you, Daoxi. I was in the room when our parents were talking with you about the marriage. You didn't decline. You didn't even hesitate."

My head hang low and I felt guilty.

I was helpless that day. I was staring at Xai. I was asking for her help.

But she only stood in the room, absorbing everything that would happen next.

I couldn't stop hating myself too.

I couldn't look at Xai and watched her hurting.

"Why!? I was nice to you. I welcomed you with an open arms. I lend you anything that I could offer. But not this one!" Xai shook my shoulder. "Not my Jun." She began to cry.

I didn't know how could I comfort her or if I was allowed to touch her.

I didn't know what I could do to lessen her pain.

If I only didn't open that door. I wouldn't get mixed in this.

"I'm sorry, Xai. I'm really sorry." All I could do was apologized.

"You should have said no. They will listen to you if you only try harder. Why? Because you like Jun, right? You want him to be yours? You want everything for yourself, right?" She pushed me, but not that strong.

"No, Xai..."  My voice cracked.

She scratched her head in annoyance.

"I'm always a giver to you, Daoxi. You never helped me once."

I agreed. For the many years that I've been with Xai, she never questioned anything about me.

Even when the day that I stole Jun from her.

"Xai. Please listen to me." I grabbed her shoulders. I didn't want us to have a problem with each other. I wanted to clarify everything between us.

That she didn't need to see me as a threat. I couldn't stand a chance. That Jun and I were just doing this for a year.

"D-daoxi... You're hurting me." She whimpered even when I wasn't putting any pressure from my hands.