Something different

Connor's POV

______________________________

A ray of sun reaches my closed eyelids, and I slowly become concious. I turn around and reach my hand in direction of the night table, on which my phone always lies. With my eyes slightly open, I check the time. The bright light blinds me for a moment, but after a couple seconds, I get my sight back. It's 9.26. I should probably get up now, or Tyler will be pissed. He hates being late, especially for surprises.

Even though I would rather sleep five more hours, I manage to get fre the bedroom to the bathroom and into the shower. The cold water clears my mind, and I realise what is happening today, and why I am in kind of a hurry. Troye is coming to LA. And we, Tyler and myself, are going to pick him up in a limo, which Tyler ordered because "That is just necessary in this special occasion, Connor" I get dressed, do my hair and quickly eat some cereal, just before I see a long black limo pull up in front of my house.

The driver opens the door, and out comes a Tyler dressed in a stilish Bordeaux-red button up, tight black jeans, a butterfly and a new turkish blue haircolor. He knocks the door twice and I rush out to open. " Hiiii Con! you look great!" He says, as his eyes slide down my outfitt; a dark blue shirt, black jeans and a leather jacket. "Ready to go pick up Troye?" He smiles and leads me to the limo. Inside is a couch along the sides and a small table in the middle, filled with fruits, sweets and a bottle of champagne. "Wow" I gasp as I pick a seat on the couch.  

Ty sits next to me, opens one of the two bottles of champagne and pours it up in two glasses. "cheers!" I take a sip of it. It's actually a pretty good champagne. "What do you think?" Ty looks curiously at me. "I think... It's a bit overwhelming, I must say. But It's great though" I smile at him. "I know it is kinda risky, but I thought it would be fun" he says, and I can see in his eyes, that he's afraid he went too far with the champagne and everything. " Don't worry, he'll love it!" I say and smile at him. He smiles back and takes a couple more sips of his glass. 

As we arrive at the airport, my hands start shaking. I don't really know why, sometimes I just get this weird feeling, mostly when I'm with Troye. It's probably nothing. Tyler hands me a flag, so we can fly them when Troye comes. We take position in front of the checkout and wait. I look at the time. It's 11.43 now. Troye's plane landed at half past, so he could be coming any minute now. The slide doors open, and loads of people rush out. I search the crowd of greeting people to find Troye, but must confess he is not there. Where is he then?

We wait until literally three people are left outside the checkout, and finally, Troye steps through the door. He sees us and smiles, as we fly the flags in the air. "Connor! Tyler! Omg, I have missed you so much" he hugs both of us and we all go to the limo. Troye's eyes widen as he realizes that it's waiting for us. He instantly takes the conclusion that it's Tyler's work and hugs him again. "Wow, Ty, you didn't have to do that!" he says and smiles at him. "Only the best for our little celebrity" he says, and leads Troye into the limo.

On the whole way back we catch up on the time we have spent apart. not that much has happened to me, but it seems Troye hasn't had a break all year, releasing a new album, travelling all over the world, having a lot of meetings and so much more. It was nice to finally hang out with him again, but the weird feeling I had felt being around him before was much worse now, and I couldn't tell what it was. So I decided to ignore it, nothing should ruin the short time I have with my best friend before he goes back to Australia. 

When we reach my apartment, we all go inside. Troye hasn't seen it yet, so we decided to spend the rest of the day there. I find my keys and open the door. "welcome to my humble home" I say, as Troye and Tyler enter behind me. Ty goes to the kitchen to make us some coffee whilst I show Troye the bathroom, bedroom and living room. "Nice place, Con" he says and smiles at me. We sit on the couch and wait for Tyler to get back with some coffee. "So, what are the plans for tomorrow?" I ask Troye. "Tyler wants to take me to this brunch café, he says it's brilliant. After that we go to his apartment to film a collab, and I think we're going to eat dinner out too" Tyler comes in, trying to balance to cups of coffee in one hand and one in the other. "Yeah," he says, and places the cups carefully on the table in front of us and sits in the chair opposite us. "Would you like to join us?" I nod and send him a big smile. Troye is sitting really close to me, and that weird feeling from earlier starts to grow. I can't concentrate on anything Tyler says, the only thing I can think of is Troye's little finger touching mine, when he places his hand on the couch. What is wrong with me? why am I suddenly so aware of Troyes presence?