Chapter 22 - The Hamptons

HER

           I JUST FINISHED PACKING FOR OUR WEEKEND GETAWAY. Raffy, Jake and Carla are picking me up soon. Raine and Jill went there early and are already setting up for the event this afternoon. They probably drank a lot of coffee and Monster Drinks to be able to function!

           We went home late this morning from the bar. I felt hung over when I woke up. I already had 2 cups of coffee, drank a lot of water but still have a throbbing headache. I took 2 full dose Aspirin's hoping it will help.

            I did not expect how the night turned out. I can feel there is still a connection between me and Tristan. I can feel it with the way he was holding me last night. As if we were back how we were 9 years ago. All those years we have been apart completely vanished and it feels like I never left at all. I was happy and contented being back in his arms again. If the music didn't stop, we would have stayed in that dance floor forever.

            When Tristan and I returned from the dance floor, Raine and Jill were just staring at us. They tried to brush off what they saw so we would not feel awkward. I am positive they saw us when we were slow dancing and hugging each other. We had a couple more drinks and chatted a little bit before we called it a night. Tristan wanted to bring us home but we declined since Jill already booked a cab for all of us.

I am sure Raine and Jill will roast me later. I'm ready to tell them about me and Tristan. After last night, I'm confused. Should I really stay away from him or pursue what I am feeling right now? I don't want to assume that he still loves me especially since he is getting married soon. I will definitely need sound advice from the girls.

My phone suddenly rang. It was Carla. "Bes, we are already here. Hurry up, we're hungry!" She said and hang up the phone. We grabbed some lunch on our way to the Hamptons. I was able to take a power nap and when I woke up, I felt recharged. It's good my headache went away.

When we arrived, the event was already starting. There were a lot of tube man inflatables dancing in the air. Some guests were already playing beach volleyball. A small stage was set up and a band is already doing sound checks. They are probably about to play in a few minutes.

But the one that caught my eye is the pristine beach that is so inviting. I have been dreaming of weekend beach getaway for so long. I am so grateful that my friends made it happen. We all need to de-stress!

Jill met up with us and gave us the keys to the villa. Carla and I got ready and changed to our two piece swimwear. The boys couldn't hide their admiration when we went out.

"Wow, both of you look hot!" Raffy complimented. Jake nodded his head and gave a thumbs up.

We were like children. We ran straight to the beach with no care at all. We did Banana Boat, paddle board and jet ski. It was almost sunset when we were done with our sports activities. We sat down on the sand while watching the sunset and enjoyed our beers.

By this time, Raine and Jill were done with their work and were able to join us. As soon as the two sat down, Raine kindly asked Raffy and Jake to get some food for the gang. Our two boys are gentlemen and didn't even complain.

"Now that the boys are not here, spill it out Alecx! You have a lot of explaining to do! What was that last night? Is there something going on between you and Tristan?" Raine asked curiously .

I told them our story like what I did the first time I confessed to Carla. Both Raine and Jill just looked at me in amazement.

"You idiot! How can you leave that kind of guy? That is the worst mistake that you have ever done in your life!" Raine said in exasperation.

"So what are you planning to do?" Jill asked.

" I don't know. I am confused. " I replied.

"With how we saw you together last night, there is still something going on between the two of you. But you know he is already engaged! And to top it all, that girl is very nice. Do you have the courage to steal Tristan away from Sam?" Jill asked bluntly.

I just continued to stare at the beach as if I can find the right answer there. Carla put her arm around my shoulder.

"Bes, whatever you decide to do, we will be here for you. We will support you all the way." She said kindly.

"You know what? I have an idea. Why don't we ask for a sign?" Raine said excited.

"What absurd idea is it that you are thinking?" Jill said in a mocking tone.

"Isn't it that I invited Tristan last night? Jill gave him the details before he left and he said he will try. If he comes, that means he really wants to see you badly! That's a sign that you should fight for Tristan! All is fair in love, Alecx. They are not married yet. You still have a chance!" Raine exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Tristan is a busy guy. He is not going to come all the way here. He was probably just shy to say no to Jill last night."

We finished our dinner and built a bonfire afterwards.  Raffy sat beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder. I suddenly felt tired from all the activities that we did.  I was quietly enjoying the sound of the waves from the ocean when suddenly I heard a familiar voice behind us.

            "Hi Guys. I hope I am not late."  It was Tristan.