Chapter 1:

This, in no way, is connected to "Remember Me?"
But * jazz hands *
————

"Shit." He hissed, as gravel started to fall. "Run!" But it was too late, they were already gone.

Dream woke to himself screaming their name, again. It's been at least three months, but Dream showed no signs of moving on from what happened.

His grief for his lost friend had taken a huge toll on his mental, and physical health. He stopped counting the days where he was too sick to move.

Today was not one of those days, though, Dream wasn't sure if that was a good thing. Sighing, Dream got out of bed and changed into different clothes, so he looked a little presentable, at least.

He changed into his regular green hoodie, and changed pants. Before he left his house, he put on his mask, to hide how awful and tired he looked.

Dream lived alone, he had no friends, and didn't talk to his family anymore. Through the past few months, he met people here and there, but avoided talking to them after they met.

That all seemed to change when he, literally, ran into someone in a blue shirt. "Hey!" He shouted at Dream in annoyance. The person he was with laughed at him.

Dream took a couple of seconds to realize what happened, "Oh, I'm sorry." He apologized, cringing as his voice cracked. He, honestly, hadn't spoken in at least a week.

He would lock himself in his house, only going out once a week to get food, or other things he would need. There was a village near his house, so lucky for him, he didn't have to stay out too long.

The boy in the white shirt smiled at Dream, "Classic George." He laughed, earning a weak and awkward chuckle from Dream. "Hey! Your mask is cool!"

"Thanks..." Dream looked down at his feet.

He continued to talk, "I'm Sapnap. That's George." He pointed at his friend, who was brushing off his shirt. "I see you around sometimes, what's your name?"

Dream hesitated, "Dream." He saw Sapnap smile at him.

"That's a pretty cool name, Dream! George and I were going to check out a mushroom forest! Wanna come?"

George flashed Sapnap a glare, "Don't just invite a stranger onto our adventures."

Sapnap ignored him, he waited for an answer from Dream. "Well?"

Dream was quiet. He just wanted to grab something that'll keep him fed for at least another week. "Sure..."

That was one rule broken.

Sapnap grinned in excitement, he locked his arm around Dream, proving that he got comfortable with people way too quick, and he dragged George along. "Come along you two!"

Dream mentally kicked himself. He should've said no, he should've kept walking after he apologized. He shouldn't have left the house.

Sapnap dragged the two to the entrance of the forest. "We made it!" He announced.

"Obviously." George gave Sapnap a light punch to the arm, "Now mark where we are on the map so we don't get lost."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm not stupid, George!" He huffed, hiding the fact that he completely forgot that he needed to mark the map before he went in.

Dream zoned out for most of the time, and blinked in surprise when they made it to the forest.

Sapnap lead the way, ignoring any complaints that George had about it.

Dream silently followed, he noticed that George kept glancing at him. It didn't bother him, what did bother him was what came out of his mouth.

"Think I'm attractive, or something?" He had absolutely no reason to say that. He could've just ignored it, just kept walking.

George immediately got flustered, waving his hands in a dismissive panic. "No! Why would you think that?" He rambled, trying to defend himself.

Sapnap burst out laughing, and Dream laughed weakly. George glared at the both of them.

Dream felt something warm in his chest. Joy? It's been so long since he felt that, he forced himself to block that feeling out. He didn't deserve to feel joy.

So why did these two strangers change that?

That feeling quickly turned to panic, but he tried not to show it. "I should... go back home." He told Sapnap and George after a long moment of silence.

Sapnap turned to Dream, disappointed, "But we're having so much fuuuunnn!" He complained, then giggled, "But okay. George and I can walk you home." Sapnap said, not taking no for an answer.

Dream quickly realized that he didn't have much of a choice, so he agreed. He led George and Sapnap to his house.

When they arrived, Sapnap waved goodbye. "I had fun today, Dream!"

Dream shrugged, "Yeah... Uh.. Bye." He waved, and then walked inside, closing the door behind him.

Sapnap waited til the door was closed before turning to George, "Wasn't he cute?"

George scoffed, "Shut up."

"So you agree!"

George got flustered again, refusing to answer.

Sapnap laughed and then glanced at Dream's house, "I want to be friends with him. He looks like he could use a few friends." He and George started walking back to their house. When they walked inside their house, Sapnap collapsed onto the couch. "Let's hang out with him tomorrow, okay?" Sapnap smiled when George nodded in agreement.

"So it's a date!" Sapnap laughed, stretching his arms out, "It's gonna be so much fun."