Chapter 6:

I'm so tired lol, I was up til 3 last night by accident lmao

Just another warning, this chapter deals with some pretty negative thoughts
————

Dream didn't know how long he was sitting there but once he calmed down, his head hurt, and his eyes were red and puffy. Dream avoided looking at his mess of a room, and he made his way back to the bathroom.

Dream turned on the tap and washed his face, sighing softly. He didn't look at his reflection, because he knew exactly how he looked. Like shit.

Dream left the bathroom, walked to his living room, and slowly fell to the floor. He curled into a ball, and closed his eyes. He didn't know how long he was laying there, because soon, he heard a knock on the door.

"Dream, please open up." Dream stared at the door, confusedly. It was George. He glanced at the window and let out a gasp when he noticed that it was dark out. "Dream, we need to talk to you." George called out for him.

Dream spoke, "I can't talk right now..." He continued to stare at the door.

"Please?" Sapnap started to talk, "It's really important."

"Just go home.. I'm not worth talking to." Dream bit his lip, regretting saying that.

"That's not true, Dream. Just open the door, okay?" George's voice softened.

Dream suddenly lost it, "Why do you guys waste your time with me? It's not worth it!"

"Dream Stop.. do you hear yourself?" George rested his hand on the door knob, he noted that it wasn't locked. George waited, not wanting to scare Dream.

"I've done nothing but lie to you two!" He sobbed, "Just go home and.." He froze, hearing the door click. He didn't lock it. "Don't." He growled, slowly starting to stand up.

"Dream, we want to help you." George said softly, slowly turning the door knob to the side.

Dream wiped away some of his tears and rushed to his room, "Go home!" He said, slamming the door.

George and Sapnap panicked, they opened the door and went inside. "Dream!" Sapnap called out. George noticed the bedroom door, and went over. He tried to open it, but something was blocking the way.

"Dream, open the door!" George pushed on the door, trying to get it to budge.

Dream sat near his closet, his eyes glued to the barricaded door. He tried his best to ignore George and Sapnap calling for him. He glanced inside the closet, and his eyes locked onto a familiar blue blade. Did he always have it in there?

Dream stared at the sword, reaching over to grab it by the handle. You've done nothing but worry George and Sapnap. His mind yelled at him. You're not worth their time.

Dream hesitated, he stared at the reflection in the blade. You'll probably get them killed too. Dream pulled his hand away, stopping himself from grabbing the sword. He heard Sapnap and George still calling out his name.

He gripped onto his hair, trying to block out his thoughts. He started to focus more on Sapnap and George's voices.

"Dream, open the door." They didn't seem to give up. Dream closed his eyes, and when he opened them, George and Sapnap were beside him, hugging him tightly.

"It's okay, Dream..." Sapnap whispered to Dream, tightening his grip slightly.

George patted Dream's arm, "Are you okay?" He asked softly.

Dream closed his eyes again, trying not to cry but failing horribly. "I don't want to lose you guys too.." He whispered, "I really.. really care about you..."

George looked at Dream, "Us too..?"

"They're dead because of me..." Dream whimpered. Sapnap frowned, and rested his head on Dream's shoulder.

"It's okay, Dream..." Dream clenched his fists. They were too nice to him.

"Can I ask what happened?" George tilted his head.

Dream hesitated, but ended up telling the story.

Dream races over to his friend, "Hey! Come on, I found a really cool ravine that we can go check out."

They raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah? And what if we run into mobs?"

Dream rolled his eyes, "Come on, this is Dream you're talking to. I can fight mobs anytime, anywhere."

"Riiiight, what about that one time when you nearly died fighting a skeleton, of all things?"

Dream laughed, "We don't talk about that! Come onnnnn, we don't hang out as much as we used to!"

"Fine, fine." They laughed, following Dream to the ravine that he found. When they arrived, they watched Dream peek over the edge.

"What if we find something rare?" Dream slowly started to climb down, landing on ledges. His friend followed him.

They made it to the bottom, and there were many cave systems. Dream took their hand, and walked into one cave. There wasn't much. The occasional iron ore, gravel that was stuck to the roof of the cave, and lots of lava.

"Man, I though this would be cooler..." Dream pouted, playfully. "Wanna go through another?"

Before they could answer, there was the fair sound of a creeper. If exploded behind the two of them, sending them both flying. Dream landed with a thud, winding himself. He sat up, trying to catch his breath. "Run!" He shouted when he noticed the disturbed gravel starting to fall.

Dream had to stop himself, but George and Sapnap got the idea. George frowned and hugged Dream tighter, "Oh Dream... It's not your fault. You couldn't have known.." He told Dream.

Dream didn't answer, just continued to cry. Sapnap closed his eyes, "It was just an accident, Dream.. I don't think there was anything you could've done.."

Dream lowered his voice, "I'm sorry you guys had to see me like this..."

George shook his head, "Don't be sorry, Dream. We want to help you..."

Sapnap nodded, "Yeah.. we care about you too. You're our friend, right?" He smiled.

Dream was quiet for a few seconds, before nodding, "Yeah.." He smiled slightly. "You're my friends too..."