Chapter 8:

HE KILLED MY MINECRAFT DOG
I CAN NEVER GET TOM BACK
I AM
SO ANGRY
I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO HIT A MINOR
————

Dream's eyes shot open, he was face to face with Sapnap. "Dream," he began, "are you okay?" He asked.

Dream blinked, breathing heavily. "Wh.. wha?" He muttered out.

"I couldn't sleep, and then I heard you screaming or something." Sapnap sat down beside Dream, who was sitting up.

Dream tried to remember what he was dreaming about. While thinking, he went quiet.

"Did you have another nightmare about your friend..?" Sapnap tilted his head, frowning. Dream shook his head.

"No.. I don't think so..." Dream closed his eyes, still trying to remember. When he did remember, he flinched. "No it was something g else..."

"What was it then?"

Dream shook his head, "I'd rather not think of it.." Sapnap smiled in understanding. "Hey, Sapnap?"

"Yeah?" He tilted his head, looking at Dream.

"Have you... ever liked two people at the same time?" Dream avoided eye contact, he just stared at the darkness of the room.

Sapnap laughed and then nodded, "Yeah, I have. Why?"

Dream shrugged, "I don't know.." Sapnap stared at Dream, and his smile got wider, but he didn't say anything. Dream looked at Sapnap, "You should go to bed now..."

Sapnap shook his head, "I want to stay with you, so you don't have any more nightmares."

Dream felt a smile creep along his face, "Okay..." he laid back down onto the bed, and almost immediately fell back asleep.

Sapnap stayed by Dream's side. He stared out the window, quickly losing track of time.

***

Sapnap opened his eyes, groaning. When did he fall asleep.

"Morning." Dream's voice made him jump, and he looked over. He realized that he was sleeping on Dream's arm, and when he looked over, George was there too.

"Oh gosh, sorry!" Sapnap quickly sat up, "I didn't realize I fell asleep!"

Dream shrugged, avoiding eye contact, "It's fine." He glanced at George, "I don't know when he came in."

Sapnap grinned, looking at George. "Do you want me to make breakfast? George might sleep in."

Dream nodded slowly, "Sure.." He sat up and followed Sapnap out of the room.

When they got to the kitchen, Sapnap laughed to himself. "George thinks I can't cook. And he'd be right but there's one thing I'm a master at making!" He glanced at Dream.

Dream tilted his head as he just stood there, "Which is...?"

Sapnap grinned, "I don't.. really know.." he laughed awkwardly, "I was just bragging for no reason.."

Dream laughed, "You're such an idiot." He walked over, "I can help you make something."

Sapnap's eyes brightened, "Really? Okay!"

"What does George usually make you for breakfast?"

"Uhh... He likes to make eggs most of the time. Because they're easy."

Dream nodded, "Then that's what we'll make for him." He pretty much made himself at home and started to look through everything that Sapnap and George had in their kitchen.

Dream showed Sapnap what to do, smiling softly. Sapnap watched Dream's movements closely, and then tried to mimic them.

When they were done, the eggs that Sapnap made looks awful. Dream was confused on how they could turn out so bad, but he handed Sapnap the ones he made. "Give these to George, tell him you made them. He'd be so surprised." He smiled.

Sapnap smiled brightly, and then smiled even more when George walked in.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

Sapnap ran over to George, giving him a big hug, "We made you breakfast!"

George hugged Sapnap back, and then glanced at Dream, who was avoiding looking at them. "Sapnap made these ones." He pointed to the ones that Dream had actually made.

George smiled softly, "How kind of you." He softly kissed Sapnap's cheek, and went to sit down. Sapnap smiled happily as he started to eat. And then he looked at the ones he actually made.

Dream took the place, "I'll eat it." He whispered to him. Sapnap stared at Dream and then smiled. He's so nice.

Sapnap skipped over to George, who happily shared his food with him. Dream watched them for a few seconds, before looking away, feeling a hint of jealousy. He pushed that feeling down and forced himself to eat. They weren't as bad as it looked, but the weren't great.

Sapnap glanced at Dream, and then whispered something into George's ear, who gave Sapnap a questioning look, but shrugged. He whispered something back. "So, Dream." Sapnap looked over, "Do you wanna try and find a beach today?"

Dream stared at the ground, thinking. "Yeah sure, that could be fun." He finished eating. Sapnap smiled happily and then continued to talk to George.

Dream didn't really notice how close they were before. He hated how much it bugged him, it really was none of his business. He sighed softly, before going to the room he was staying in and grabbing his mask.

Dream caught a glimpse of himself in the windows reflection. He noticed that he looked much better than the last time he saw himself but he still looked extremely tired.

Would they be proud of you?

He flinched at the voice in the back of his head.

Would they be happy that you just replaced them with no second thought?

He quickly went to leave the room, but accidentally bumped into Sapnap. "Ah, sorry!"

Sapnap looked up at Dream, "Are you okay? You left pretty abruptly."

Dream looked away, "Yeah, sorry.. I.." He shrugged, "I don't know." He laughed softly.

Sapnap stared at Dream for a few more moments before nodded, "Okay!" He smiled, "We're going to leave soon! I think I know a place where we can all go." He said before going back to George.

"Okay..." Dream watched him go, and put his mask on.