Chapter 3:

Gooood morning- afternoon- night
Whatever it is for y'all
I'll hopefully get the cover done tonight, I just keep forgetting to work on it lmao
————

Sapnap and George walked Dream home again. They weren't keeping track of the time, but they've been at the mountain for hours.

When they arrived at Dream's house, Sapnap asked him a question. "What are you gonna do now, Dream?"

Dream shrugged, "Don't know. Probably go to bed. I'll uh... see you guys later." Dream went inside and closed the door.

Sapnap blinked, looking up at the sky. He didn't know what time it was, but it was still extremely early. "Do you think he's okay?" He asked George.

George glanced at Sapnap, "He's definitely hiding something." He sighed. "Isn't it a little weird that, before yesterday, we would only see him outside like, once every two weeks, it seemed? Or how he's not showing his face?"

Sapnap shrugged, "I don't know..." Sapnap crossed his arms as they started to walk home.

George walked with Sapnap. He didn't have much more to say, until they reached their front door. "I..." He started, "I guess I want to be friends with him too."

Sapnap quickly turned his head to George, smiling happily, "I knew it!" He cheered, and walked inside.

George laughed and followed him inside. "Do you think we can get Dream to come outside tomorrow?"

"Probably! Maybe we can... I don't know, but we can do something fun!"

George smiled half-way, and then went to make them both food.

***

Dream's whole schedule was messed up. Yesterday, he was going to get food for himself, but was sidetracked by Sapnap and George. He had nothing.

Dream took his mask and hoodie off, before he lost all of his energy and just sat down on the floor. He didn't feel like moving to his room.

Staring at the ceiling, Dream couldn't get Sapnap and George out of his mind. They're so nice to him.

It's because they don't know.

Dream felt a smile creep across his face. He didn't try and stop himself from thinking that maybe, just maybe, he could make new friends. Have new adventures. And go back to the Dream he used to be.

"That's stupid." He said to himself.

Dream sighed and closed his eyes. "I guess I'm sleeping on the floor tonight." He ignored the fact that it was probably early in the afternoon.

Dream used the fact that he didn't get any sleep the night before as an excuse to be a useless member of society once again.

Dream was close to falling asleep, when a pain shot through his stomach. That muffin earlier didn't really do much.

He groaned in annoyance, and rolled onto his side. He curled into a ball in an attempt to ignore his growling stomach, and to try and sleep.

Dream must've been successful, because the next time Dream opened his eyes, he was sprawled out on the floor. Someone was knocking frantically on the door.

"Dream!" It was Sapnap. Of course it was Sapnap. Dream tried to ignore him. "Sorry, I can't stay to hangout, but George made you something. He said that you would need it so I'll just leave it at your door!" He chuckled softly, before leaving.

Dream waited for at least a minute before he forced himself to stand up and see what Sapnap left.

He opened the door and was met with a, rather large, bowl. It had a lid on it, and had a little note. Dream picked it up and read the note.

'I made a stew for me and Sapnap tonight, and I had a feeling that would want some.
-George'

Dream re-read the note a few times, he smiled softly at it. Dream went back inside and didn't hesitate to eat what George had apparently made.

Dream was known to be dramatic at times, but that was probably the best thing he had tasted, ever.

Dream has finished it quite quickly, and once he was done, he spent some time to read that note again. He didn't notice at first but there was something written on the back.

'Sapnap hasn't picked up on it, yet, but I can tell that something is wrong, Dream. If anything is bother you, you don't have to keep it a secret. We both want to be your friend, and I'm sure it would take a while for you to really trust us. That's just how most people are.'

Dream had to stop reading to wipe away tears. He's been alone for so long, he forgot what it was like to know that people care about him.

They were wasting their time with him.

Dream continued.

'Like I said, we want to be friends with you. If your choice but you should come to our house tomorrow. Sapnap will wait at that village nearby.'

Dream clutched that note closely. He was hesitant at first, but now he was seriously hoping that he could go back to how he used to be.

A few more hours passed, and Dream got to his feet before making his way to his room. He collapsed onto the bed, getting cozy.

He met Sapnap and George twice, but they already started to get Dream to start taking better care of himself. And they probably didn't know.

Dream closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep again.

"We haven't hung out in ages! Come on, we can check out a ravine I found yesterday!"

"Who knows what we could find."

"Don't be such a chicken. There's nothing down there!"

Dream opened his eyes. He woke up crying again. He wiped the tears away with his hand, and he glanced at the window. The sun was starting to rise. It was beautiful.

"Yay." Dream said to himself, congratulating himself for getting some sleep that night, even if it wasn't a lot.

Dream looked at the ceiling, waiting for himself to wake up more, before getting ready.