Chapter 2:

I can't sleep so here ya go
TW; This chapter hints at starvation so uh-
Sorry about that
————

Dream didn't know how much time had passed. He didn't sleep. He couldn't stop thinking about Sapnap and George.

They were so nice to him...

Dream clenched his fist. They shouldn't waste their time with him. He wasn't worth it. He should just...

Dream was ripped away from his thoughts when he heard a knock on his front door. Blinking in confusion, Dream glanced towards his window, and sure enough the sun was out.

No one ever came to his door, so Dream chose to ignore it.

There was a knock again. Dream ignored it. Hope flared in his chest when he heard a familiar voice. "Hey, Dream??" It was Sapnap. "Sorry if you're sleeping, but George and I wanna hang out again!" He called.

Dream closed his eyes. They should just leave him. "Stop yelling! He's probably still asleep." Dream heard George scold Sapnap. Dream allowed himself to smile when he heard them.

Getting up, Dream shakily made his way to his door, "Uh... I'm awake.." He Leander against the door.

Sapnap giggles excitedly, "Great! So George mentioned a mountain that we can climb, wanna come?" He asked.

Dream hesitated. He wanted to go. He wanted to make new friends. "Yeah... sure. But..." He was quiet. "I just woke up." He lied, "So can I have a moment to get ready?"

Sapnap scoffed, dramatically, "Of course! We'll wait out here!"

Dream finally had a motive to take care of himself. For a while, he neglected his own basic needs, so finally having a shower was the best feeling he had ever felt in a while. He hated it.

After his shower, Dream caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He was startled by who he saw, not believing that was him. He looked awful.

He had dark circles under his eyes, and he was definitely skinner than before. Dream squeezes his eyes shut, and turned away from the mirror. He got dressed and went to meet Sapnap and George.

When Dream left his house, he was greeted by a smiling Sapnap, and an irritated-looking George. Sapnap waved, "Hiya, Dream!"

"Hi." Dream glanced at the two, before looking down at the ground. He was wearing his mask again, so they didn't know how awful Dream looked.

Though, George seemed to pick up that something was wrong with Dream. He didn't know what, exactly, but he could just tell. So, he took out a muffin from his bag. "Here. Our friend made us some." He handed it to Dream.

Dream stared at the muffin, hesitating when he went to grab it. His stomach begged him to take a bite. He didn't deserve to. "Thanks." He nodded at George, and they set off.

Dream took a bite of the muffin, and was blown away by how good it tasted.

Sapnap flashed him a smile, "You act like you haven't eaten in weeks." George flinched at that statement.

Sapnap was so oblivious.

Dream shrugged it off, "I'm uh... I like eating." He lied, forcing a chuckle.

Sapnap hummed. He walked beside George, holding his hand as Dream trailed behind.

George found himself worrying about Dream. Something was definitely wrong. George always has a tough act, but deep down, he cared about almost everyone. Even strangers. Sometimes it led to disaster. He hated feeling that way.

Sapnap would occasionally glance back to make sure Dream was still there. He was. Sapnap would smile at Dream every time.

"So, Dream!" Sapnap started a conversation, "What do you like to do?"

Dream forgot what he used to do to entertain himself. He would often fight mobs at night, explore deep caves, almost anything reckless. That led to—

Dream flinched, pushing away those memories. "I don't really know..." Dream muttered.

Sapnap raised an eyebrow, confusedly. "Hmm..." He looked down at the ground. "Well, we'll find something that you would like to do, no matter how long it takes!" Sapnap stopped his walking to strike a determined pose.

George rolled his eyes, and then laughed. "Okay, Snapmap." He gently shoved him.

"Hey, I told you to stop calling me that!" Sapnap clutched his chest, whimpering, "You're so mean to me, Georgie." He giggled.

Dream has zoned out, and didn't pay attention to what the other two were talking about. Why was he out? He would've been just fine if he stayed in bed.

Dream groaned in annoyance, kicking those negative thoughts away. Sapnap and George had invited him out, the least he could do is not think about...that.

When Dream focused again, he realized they had made it to the mountain. "Huh?" He looked around.

Sapnap turned to face Dream, "We made it to the mountain!" He announced. "I would say that we should climb to the top," Dream knew he wouldn't make it to the top, "but I'm tired so we're just gonna hang out here." Sapnap laughed and sat down.

George crossed his arms, and sat down with Sapnap. Dream joined them.

Sapnap kept his eyes on Dream, "Hey, Dream. Why do you wear that mask?"

Before, Dream would've made a joke about it. 'I'm too attractive for anyone to see.' or 'It hides my deepest darkest secret.' They would've laughed every time.

But Dream just shrugged, "I think it's cool." He wasn't totally lying this time. Before, he definitely thought it was cool.

Sapnap smiled, "It is cool!" He agreed with Dream.

Sapnap continued to ask Dream questions, happy that he could get to know him finally. George would occasionally jump into the conversation with his own opinion, or with his own question for Dream, but he mostly just listened with a smile on his face.

All while Dream would answer those questions with more lies. He finally felt something that he definitely deserved to feel. Guilt. Would they be mad at him if they found out that most of what he's been saying wasn't the truth?

They should be.