10. A Fool For You

WARNING

The following chapter contains the idea of suicide that some readers may find uncomfortable.

Reader discretion is advised.

✿ ✿ ✿

You are a die hard fan of Killua Zoldyck.

And when I say die hard, I mean really die hard.

You met Killua when you were six years old. It was a particular clip on AniMaxxed that made you fall in love with him at first sight. That was the scene when Killua ripped out a heart of a bulky man. You can still remember how you stared at the promotional clip and murmured to yourself, "Wow..." You were clearly fascinated.

From that point, you started worshipping Killua. You started from binge-watching the whole series three times in a row, not even caring about the whole plot because you were only focused on Killua. Well, he was the reason you were interested in HunterxHunter, in the first place.

Then you actively participated in the Killua Zoldyck fandom. You were really happy that even if he's not the main protagonist, he has a fandom of his own. Well, he's really awesome and popular. You even learned to draw and edit MVs, just to contribute to his fandom which you successfully did. And your fanarts were mostly shirtless and you were like nine at this time!

Then, it came to the point that you wanted Killua Zoldyck merch. Well, this was not a problem at all since your family was an obvious millionaire. On your 12th birthday party, you asked for a house to be built in your estate where you make a Killua Zoldyck museum for yourself which was granted because your parents love you so much.

And when you entered junior high school, you barely had no friends because all you talked about was Killua. Mostly, your friends were gold diggers, just wanting to befriend you for your money. But you were not a fool and can instantly tell! So you would boldly avoid those types of people, leaving you to almost no friends as you were left with fellow-Killua-fanatics.

You were just soooo obsessed with Killua, your parents were starting to get worried.

So they sent you to a therapist in secret.

You do not know he was a therapist. All you were told about was he wanted to know more about Killua. You were happy because you felt high and mighty. The thought of passing down precious knowledge about Killua to new people in the fandom, overjoyed you.

"But Killua doesn't exist."

"Killua is just a fictional character."

"Killua will never love you back."

You were immediately furious. You were so furious that everything that happened after that, didn't register in your mind so you can't remember well. You were just told that after throwing a tantrum, you passed out and the worried look on your parents' faces was a clear evidence.

So your parents thought that they'd just support you and your obsession. They thought that you'd just grow out of that obsession since you were just 13 and young. And that, you'd look back at these years and cringe or laugh.

They thought wrong.

As the years passed by, you were still passionately obsessed of Killua, your museum expanding year by year with your parents' support.

However, now that you were almost 18 and graduating from senior year, your parents started disagreeing about anything Killua-related.

"Mom, what is this?!" you came in her office, slamming down a short stack of paper. Your mother peered above her computer and looked over at what you have placed on her table.