06

——

06 - Knight in Shining Sweaters
[warning: physical abuse]

——

Charlie hummed to himself as he walked through the corridors on his way to the Hufflepuff common room. It had been a few days since his detention and his encounter with Remus Lupin in the Hospital Wing. They had seen each other briefly outside of class, but there hadn't been any mention of the tutoring that Remus had offered and Charlie had begun to think that maybe the boy had changed his mind, or forgotten.

     He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't see his brother approaching until it was too late.

     "Billy." Charlie said nervously, nodding his head in greeting.

     Billy was alone, which wasn't a good thing as usually he had at least one of his two roommates (probably the most stupid Ravenclaws - maybe even people - Charlie had had the displeasure of meeting) following him around.

     "Charles." Billy said.

     He seemed angry, Charlie noted, which wasn't boding well for him.

     "Was there something you wanted to-"

     Charlie was cut off by a punch to the stomach that left him gasping for air.

     "I thought Dad said you couldn't paint your nails anymore, Freak." Billy spat, grabbing Charlie's hand in a tight grip and bringing it up to the light so he could see better.

     Charlie's eyes widened and he realised that he must not have removed all of the pink nail varnish from last night. He and Hestia had tried out her new nail varnish set that her aunt had gotten her during the summer holidays. Charlie had made sure to remove it as soon as he left Gryffindor tower incase he bumped into Billy, apparently he had missed a bit.

     "I ... I-"

     Billy shoved Charlie backwards and he stumbled into the wall.

     "I'm going to tell Dad." Billy sneered.

     Charlie gulped and tried to put on a brave face, "G-go on then."

     Billy narrowed his eyes at Charlie.

     Charlie straightened up to his full height to try and seem more confident, which wasn't working considering that Billy was still a head taller than him and a lot more buff.

     "Tell Dad then. Just because you're too scared to deal with me yourse-"

     Charlie wasn't sure what had possessed him to say that, because aggravating Billy wasn't brave, it was pure stupidity.

     Billy grabbed Charlie by the front of his school shirt and shoved him into the wall roughly.

     "Shut up." He hissed. Spit flew from his mouth and hit Charlie's cheek.

     Charlie made a choked sound as the collar of his shirt dug into his neck.

     "I saw you with Lupin the other day. I thought Dad had cured the freak in you, but apparently not. I'll tell him about that too." Billy smirked maliciously.

     "W-What are you t-tal-" Charlie choked again as Billy pulled him away from the wall and then slammed him into it again. His head bounced off the wall and he winced. "-talking about? H-he helped me up. Literal-ally n ... nothing h-happened." Charlie gasped out.

     "Don't lie to me Freak, I saw you blushing. You like him don't you?" Billy spat, his grip tightening on Charlie's shirt.

     "Of course I l-like him. He's my f-friend." Charlie said, although he and Remus weren't exactly friends, more like acquaintances.