19

——

19 - Afterwards

——

Charlie awoke the next day in an unfamiliar bed. It smelt of chocolate and something distinctly male.

Where was he?

Charlie yawned and moved slightly, attracting the attention of the five other males in the room.

"He's awake." James hissed to Remus, who was sat on James' bed reading.

"He can hear you, he's not deaf." Kingsley said from where he was writing to his parents on his bed.

     James rolled his eyes and mimicked Kingsley silently behind his back, making Peter giggle.

     Charlie slowly sat up, his head pounding and his arm aching. The bedsheets fell off his body, revealing his crumpled tee shirt and messy bedhead.

     "Hi." Charlie rasped, his voice much deeper than usual. Remus coughed slightly, his eyes glued to his book in a way that seemed extremely forced as his cheeks flushed red.

     "How are you feeling?" Remus asked Charlie, ignoring everyone else and putting his book down.

     "Awful." Charlie coughed, his voice scratchy. He looked around for some water but couldn't see any and was too shy to ask.

     "Water?" Remus asked, stealing the glass of water James had been about to drink from and taking it over to Charlie, sitting down on his bed next to him.

     Charlie glanced at James (who was now pouting because Remus stole his water), "That was James'..."

     "It's fine. I didn't drink from it yet anyway." James said, glaring at Remus. "I'll just get a new one."

     Charlie nodded and took the glass of water, taking small sips of it as he looked around the room.

     Sirius was lying on a military neat bed next to the one Charlie was lying in, trying to enchant his transfiguration homework to do itself.

     The bed opposite Sirius' was James'. His bed was extremely messy. James was sat on it drawing a picture to add to the wall behind him, which was covered in them. Charlie noticed a few of them were of Lily Evans, but most of them were of James and his friends apart from a few which were of two dogs - wait, one dog and a wolf, a stag, and a rat... that was slightly random, but Charlie wasn't judging because he couldn't draw to save his life.

     Next to James' bed, was what Charlie was assuming was Peter's bed. His bed wasn't as messy as James', but not as neat as Sirius'. Peter was lying in it, not sleeping, but also not looking inclined to move anytime soon.

     Next to Peter's bed, was a bed that was almost as neat as Sirius' bed. Charlie assumed that this was Kingsley' bed, as he was sat on it writing something.

     But that meant...

     He was in Remus' bed.

     Charlie suddenly choked on the water he was drinking, making everyone look up from what they were doing and Remus panic before slapping him gently on the back.

     "You ok?" Sirius asked, concerned when he saw how red Charlie's face had gone.

     "Yeah..." Charlie replied.

Peace fell on the room again as Charlie slowly finished his glass of water, a rare happening in the Gryffindor sixth year dorm. The sound of Sirius muttering spells under his breath, Kingsley's quill scratching against parchment, and James' pencil gliding over the paper the only sounds in the room.