Sophie Foster

2 days before Sophie's 16th Birthday, 4 days before Valentine's Day

I was in the middle of a very nice dream when  I got a call from Biana.

"Ughhhhhh what do you want?" I groaned.

"Dex came over and invited us to a sleepover."

"But we just did that last night," I yawned, "Why do it again?"

"Dex and Keefe wanna do a Stephen King marathon-"

"Dear god no."

"-BUT we are allowed to watch Dwight Shrute in the other room. My cousins are gonna come to. Wanna come?" She asked.

"Uh..."

"Pleaseeeee?" She begged.

"Fine." I gave in and she whooped in victory. "Where is it gonna be?"

"Dex's house. We're gonna go in twenty minutes." Biana explained.

"TWENTY MINUTES?"

"Yes, twenty minutes, better hurry up. Byeeee!" And she hung up on me!

Ugh. The nerve of her.

I threw a bunch of clothes into a bag and toothbrush and toothpaste, a hairbrush, and other necessities.

"I'm gonna sleep at Dex's house tonight! Biana and Keefe will be there too!" I called to Grady and Edaline, who had just gotten back an hour before.

"Have fun!" Edaline replied. I ran out the door, jumped on my bike and rode to Dex's house.

Yes, I'm fifteen years old. Yes, I still ride a bike. Don't judge me.

When I arrived, Keefe was the one who opened the door. He smirked, "Welcome, Foster."

I blushed but tried to hide behind my hair as I walked in. Biana, Dex and two other people were sitting on the couch. I recognized one of them.

"Wait- Fairen?" I asked.

The girl turned around and smiled. Yup. It was Fairen. "Sup."

"How-wait, why-"

"I'm Biana's cousin," Fairen explained, "This is my brother, Fitz," She beckoned to a very attractive boy.

Not that I noticed he was attractive or anything.

"Let's make a TikTok!" Biana cheered and everyone groaned. "Hey! Please?"

"Erm... later." Keefe lied. There would be no later. "Let's just watch It."

"Hey! We had a schedule." Dex complained.

"Yes, that schedule can be ignored."

"No-I vote sticking to the scheduale." Fairen shrugged, picking up the list, "Number Uno; 1922."

"Noooooo." I rapidly shook my head no. "Nonononono. What's Number Two?"

"It's not even-"

"Just tell me."

"Just take the darn list," Fairen sighed, handing me the sheet of paper.

1: 1922

2: In The Tall Grass

3: Pet Semetary

4: It Chapter One

5: It Chapter Two

6: The Shining

7: The Mist

8: Carrie

9: A Good Marrage

10: 1408

"PET SEMETARY!?" I yelped, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Dex cackled evilly. "Yessssss."

"Wait-I'm not watching that." Fairen's eyes widened.

"It's not even that bad." Biana rolled her eyes.

"I think not! Besides, you were scared of THE SHINING."

"The Office will be on in the other room for anyone who wants to chicken out. *cough* Sophie and Biana *cough*." Keefe said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Ugh. Rude. But shouldn't we do something ELSE first?" Biana suggested, flopping down onto the couch.

"Like what?" Fitz asked. His voice had a slight accent to it.

Not that I noticed.

"We can all go down to the creek and play truth or dare?"  I suggested.

"The creek?" Biana asked with a squint.

"Oh- erm, I mean the woods. The creek was an old place I used to-you know what? Never mind. Let's go to the woods."

The creek.

It wasn't the creek.

It was the woods.

The creek was gone. It was two-hundred miles away.

"What's the creek?" Fitz asked and Keefe, Dex, and Biana glared at him. He didn't take a hint.

"It's a place me and my friends would go." I explained.

"We should go to the school," Keefe burst in, "It's more open."

I shrugged. "Yeah. Let's go."

We told Dex's parents where we were going, and I took the lead. Keefe walked next to me.

"So-um, I actually needed to ask you something."

"Sure-what's up?" I asked. He looked a little.... nervous?

"Erm, what's the best way, to, um, ask someone out?" Why was he asking ME for relationship advice?

"Well, I'm not sure," I looked at the sidewalk, "You can tell them you like them, and then ask them out. But don't be around other people, I guess. Why ask me and not Biana?"

"It's complicated."

A/N:

I will get to the point soon. Promise.

And I don't know anything about horror movies. So if some of them aren't horror movies, then, sorry.

More romantic stuff is coming soon

Have an amazing day <3

-Hemispherical Turtle