𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 - 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Your eyes opened a sliver and before the pouring sunlight could blind you, you tightly closed them, a scowl forming on your face

Your eyes opened a sliver and before the pouring sunlight could blind you, you tightly closed them, a scowl forming on your face. You could hear a faint noise in the background, the sound of a tv and soft conversation of foreign voices. Confused, you hesitantly opened your eyes once again, taking the time to look around.

Bland, sterile white curtains, and even whiter walls greeted your e/c eyes. Your fingers felt something soft as they moved, causing you to look beside you. Delicate strands of midnight black hair lay right next to your resting hand, causing you to be mildly shocked before you realized it was a person's head, a familiar one at that. Upon your touch, the person moved, his eyelids lifting to reveal deep blue irises.

For a moment, you stared at those blue depths before Akira jolted up, rubbing sleep away from his eyes.

"Y/n! You're awake! I'm glad..." he exclaimed, a bright grin forming in his face as he gazed at you with something akin to a deep, devoted... love?

"Akira?... What happened? I, I'm-"

The man softly shushed you, pressing a lean finger against your lips.

"You had one of those fainting spells, darling. You scared me to death!"

You frowned, trying to recall your last memory. Everything felt so hazy.

"Don't worry... our baby is healthy and safe," Akira reassured you by gently placing a hand on your slightly swollen stomach.

"...Baby? I'm-"

"Confused? Of course you are! You didn't take your supplements like I asked you to! But it's alright sweetheart, I will make you remember everything again."

 The ravenette smiled sweetly as he stood up.

"I'll go get the doctor. Then we'll go home."

You sat on the large, plush beige bed, feeling quite out of it

You sat on the large, plush beige bed, feeling quite out of it. The large house you were in felt both foreign and strangely familiar. Akira brought a tray holding a glass of water and a colorful array of supplements, setting it on the nightstand.

"Take them all now, baby."

At the first sign of your frown, he sighed before gently adding, "I know you hate it. But your body needs it. Our baby needs you to be healthy, Y/n."

With a look of defeat, you swallowed them one by one with small gulps of the water, leaving not a drop by the end.

Akira smiled brightly, patting your head before helping you to lay down on the bed before covering you with a fluffy blue blanket.

"Sleep well, Y/n. Your body needs plenty of rest."

Akira walked out of your shared bedroom, heading towards the bathroom instead. Opening an overhead cupboard, he grabbed a pastel green glass tub, turning its lid open to reveal pure white cream inside.

Dipping his fingers into the rich, thick lotion, he lifted his shirt up by the other hand before rubbing the cream into the long, almost faded scar across his pale chest. After examining the scar in the mirror, he let out a smile of satisfaction, before leaving the blue-tiled bathroom.

After fixing a sandwich for himself, he reclined on the pink loveseat of the large, airy living room, and turned on the TV for some background noise.

"...And now we bring you tonight's special: the story of the unsolved murder of Kei Ato. Three years on, his brutal death has left investigators stumped and his family without any closure..."

Akira hummed as he chewed his sandwich, cringing a little. Why did his food never taste good, yet yours always have his mouth watering for more?

"She makes it with love. That's why!" he answered aloud to himself, grinning as he took another bite.

Kei's angular face was on the TV screen, lips lifted into a smile. Akira gazed at the photograph, before placing a hand upon his chest.

Really, he shouldn't have underestimated your deductive abilities. Weren't you the top student of your class, even back in those days? So it shouldn't have surprised him when you barged into his home, armed with a knife and all, screaming at him for what he had done to your stupid fiance.

But, oh well, that scar was something he accepted with love. He would happily accept any scar you'd give him, as long as you were with him. And a little drama made life a little more interesting. The pills were doing their job, weren't they? His lovely little nest would now have a new addition too!

Akira leaned back, a smile of satisfaction on his face. With a flick of the remote, the channel changed to a new one playing a catchy tune. The ravenette hummed along, nodding his head.

________

A/N:

Thank you for being the most patient readers in the world.

I hope you liked this story. My 2 brain cells were barely functioning for the past few weeks, so I couldn't really come up with a good one :(

I'll continue to publish more oneshots, but, as you might have guessed by now, there's no upload schedule or anything.

Also, this book hit 20k reads! Thanks to everyone who has read/voted/commented 🥰  Stay safe lovelies.